- Provides general primary obstetric and gynecological care using generally accepted standards of practice.
- Hospitalizes as needed any patient requiring in-patient care. Provides obstetric and gynecological care according to accepted ACOG standards during the hospitalization.
- Confers with consulting physicians, mid-level providers, nurses, support staff, patients, and families concerning treatment and care of patients.
- Makes appropriate specialty and sub-specialty referrals, but maintains responsibility, assuring continuing of care.
- Perform general gynecological and obstetric surgical procedures, both diagnostic and therapeutic, using both minimally invasive and traditional surgical techniques.
- Physician will enter into Collaborative agreements with CHEMED midlevel providers including midwifes.
- Participates in call coverage.
- Participates in health promotion/disease prevention activities. Stresses the importance of preventive health care measures.
- Supports mid-level providers in supervision and consultation.
- Participates in quality improvement/assurance activities.
- Attends and participates in CHEMED Health Center activities as requested.
- Attends mandatory in services and CHEMED Health Center meetings.
- Completes records in adequate professional detail, and in a timely manner using CHEMED electronic medical record system.
- Other duties as assigned by the Medical Director, and/or CHEMED Administration staff, to meet the goal of providing excellent health care.
- Maintains and acquires knowledge and skills to perform required duties to meet all hospital, state, organizational and licensure requirements.
- Abides by the CHEMED OB department protocols and guidelines.
- Follows established guidelines for use and/or disclosure of protected health information. Employees should report any breaches of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) rules to the Chief Compliance officer immediately. Failure to comply with HIPAA policies and procedures will result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Apply for OBGYN Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly