Medical Director of Advisory Services
A Highly Visible Role in the Hospital
For those considering a future as a physician executive, this role is an excellent professional development opportunity! As a Medical Director of Advisory Services, you will work elbow-to-elbow with physicians, staff, hospital leadership, and utilization management personnel to provide direct education and support in key areas including patient status, clinical documentation, compliance, and utilization management (UM).
Our physician advisors are trained in best practice clinical documentation and workflows, concurrent, secondary reviews, and performance improvement. This role provides the opportunity to use your clinical expertise away from the bedside. A rewarding part of being a physician advisor is providing continuous improvement feedback through physician-to-physician education.
- Act as a bridge between medical staff and case management, interpreting the most complicated UM issues and serve as an expert resource for other clinicians
- Ensure clinicians receive proper credit for the work they do through improved documentation
- Impact hospital health and support fellow physicians
Join A Collegial Practice Where You Will Thrive
With the Sound Advisory Services clinical management team's support, you will expand your knowledge, drive value, and steward the well-being and financial stability of the hospital. A medical director of advisory services is a highly visible leadership opportunity for a motivated and engaged physician with a minimum of 3 years of inpatient medicine and advisory experience required. Board certification (base specialty) recognized by ABMS or ABQAURP - Hospitalist, emergency medicine, or intensivist experience preferred.
- Quality of Life: Monday through Friday and no call
- Benefits: Comprehensive Sound Physicians benefits package including 15 paid days off
- Education: CME allowance, paid CME time off, and a comprehensive training and onboarding program
- Development: Mentoring from the Sound Advisory Services clinical leadership team
We deliver high-quality case reviews and audit defense services to our partner hospitals while driving measurable changes to compliance, and key metrics such as case mix index and length of stay.
Location and Lifestyle
St. Mary's Medical Center is located in Huntington, West Virginia, and associated with Cabell Huntington Hospital (Mountain Health Network), Marshall University, and Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine. The hospital health system is the second-largest medical facility in the tri-state region and is rated high performing in 5 adult procedures and conditions. St. Mary's Medical Center is a teaching hospital, and award-winning facility, offering comprehensive medical services and care to the community. Ranked one of the 50 best hospitals, St. Mary's is also recognized as one of the top-performing hospitals by US World and News Report.
Huntington, WV is the largest city in the tri-state area of WV-KY-OH and surrounded by extensive natural resources all of which support Huntington's diversified economy. Huntington is considered a scenic locale in the western foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. The metropolitan area is the largest in West Virginia and spans counties across 3 states with a population of 365,419.
- Home to Marshall University as well as the Huntington Museum of Art, Mountain Health Arena, and Railroad Museum
- Huntington Mall, the largest mall in the state with the Shops at Heritage Station; An artisan retail complex, occupied by restaurants and specialty beer and cheese shops
- Outdoor activities include hiking, biking trails, including Paul Ambrose Trail, Memorial Park, and Beech Fork State Park
- Camden Park which hosts many sporting events, marathons, zoo, and amusement rides
Apply for Medical Director of Advisory Services
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly