Medical Director of Advisory Services
For those considering a future as a physician executive, this role is an excellent professional development opportunity! As a Medical Director of Advisory Services, you will work elbow-to-elbow with physicians, staff, hospital leadership, and utilization management personnel to provide direct education and support in key areas including patient status, clinical documentation, compliance, and utilization management (UM).
Our physician advisors are trained in best practice clinical documentation and workflows, concurrent, secondary reviews, and performance improvement. This role provides the opportunity to use your clinical expertise away from the bedside. A rewarding part of being a physician advisor is providing continuous improvement feedback through physician-to-physician education.
- Act as a bridge between medical staff and case management, interpreting the most complicated UM issues and serve as an expert resource for other clinicians
- Ensure clinicians receive proper credit for the work they do through improved documentation
- Impact hospital health and support fellow physicians
With the Sound Advisory Services clinical management team's support, you will expand your knowledge, drive value, and steward the well-being and financial stability of the hospital. A medical director of advisory services is a highly visible leadership opportunity for a motivated and engaged physician with a minimum of 3 years of inpatient medicine and advisory experience required. Board certification (base specialty) recognized by ABMS or ABQAURP - Hospitalist, intensivist, or emergency medicine experience preferred.
- Quality of Life: Monday through Friday and no call
- Benefits: Comprehensive Sound Physicians benefits package including 15 paid days off
- Education: CME allowance, paid CME time off, and a comprehensive training and onboarding program
- Development: Mentoring from the Sound Advisory Services clinical leadership team
We deliver high-quality case reviews and audit defense services to our partner hospitals while driving measurable changes to compliance, and key metrics such as case mix index and length of stay.Location and Lifestyle
St. Rose Dominican Hospitals Siena Campus opened in 2000. The hospital is a state-of-the-art facility with healing gardens, aquariums, atriums, and abundant natural light. In 2015, a new 100-bed tower expanded the facility which now includes a neurosurgical and heart center, ICU, 56-bed emergency department, and pediatric ER department. The hospital has been named one of the top 10 most beautiful hospitals in the world by Healthcare Business & Technology
The city of Henderson is part of the Las Vegas metropolitan area and the second-largest city in Nevada. This affluent town was ranked as one of the Best Cities to Live in America by Bloomberg Businessweek and one of the Top 10 Safest Cities in the United States by the FBI Uniform Crime Report of 2014. Nevada boasts a low cost of living and no income tax!
- 300 days of sunshine and an average annual temperature of 80 degrees.
- Proximity to Las Vegas - glittering night-life and world-class entertainment in the city that never sleeps
- Red Rock Canyon - an international destination for rock climbers
- Proximity to nature - seven national parks are within a few hours from the city
- Museums, performing arts centers, botanical gardens, and year-round culture
Apply for Medical Director of Advisory Services
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly