Physician-Pediatrics - Critical Care
PEDIATRIC CARDIAC INTENSIVIST
Banner Children’s Specialists - Mesa, AZ
Join a Leading Health Care System in Arizona!
Banner Health is actively recruiting for a Pediatric Cardiac Intensivist to join our team. The Banner Children's Specialists (BCS) and division of Pediatric Critical Care Medicine consist of 10 board-certified Pediatric Intensivists and nurse practitioner. Our critical care specialists provide coverage for a 24-bed PICU with ECMO capability, pediatric trauma, congenital heart services, and an overall admission volume of 1300 per year. The congenital heart program offers a full complement of cardiac diagnostics and interventions for children with structural heart diseases and arrhythmias. Opportunities for clinical research, teaching, and faculty affiliation are available through the University of Arizona and Banner University Medical Centers.
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Cardiac critical care expertise from diverse pathways of training and experience, such as:
- Dual board eligibility/certification in pediatric critical care medicine and pediatric cardiology,
- Board eligibility/certification in pediatric critical care medicine and formal training in cardiac critical care, or
- Board eligibility/certification in pediatric critical care medicine with 3-5 years of experience in cardiac critical care
- Desire to support growth for the congenital heart program through quality improvement initiatives
- Desire to care for both cardiac and general medical/surgical critical care patients
- Full-Time and Per Diem position available
Cardon Children’s Medical Center (CCMC), located on the campus of Banner Desert Medical Center (BDMC) in Mesa, AZ., is a newer state-of-the-art 260-bed children’s care facility that opened in November 2009. Pediatric Population of 350,000, CCMC now has 104 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit beds staffed with 24/7 Neonatologists. CCMC’s newly expanded Pediatric Emergency Department provides specialized emergency care for kids of all ages and now includes 26-beds. There are more than 240 pediatric physicians on staff, covering more than 27 specialties with the hospital providing a full range of services.
Banner Health, a Top 5 Large Health System, is one of the largest non-profit health care systems in the country with twenty-nine hospitals, six long-term care centers, and an array of other services, including family clinics, home care services, and home medical equipment, in six Western states. As a leading nonprofit provider of health care in every community we serve, Banner Health is deeply committed to our physicians and offers you the unmatched support of one of the nation’s largest and financially strong health care systems.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner Health recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. Banner Health is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.
Facility & Location InformationBanner Children's at Desert Medical Center
Phoenix Metro, Mesa, AZ 85202 Physician-Pediatrics - Critical Care
Apply for Physician-Pediatrics - Critical Care
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly