The Division of Nephrology at the University of Arizona is looking to hire a clinical nephrologist. The selected candidate will be part of a growing team of committed academic physicians serving the expanding population of Southern Arizona. In addition to attending on inpatient nephrology consult services and participating in the outpatient care of patients with chronic/acute kidney disease there will be opportunities to participate in rapid growth of our transplant program affiliated with Banner University Medical Center-Tucson. There will also be ample opportunities for academic growth, development and mentorship. The candidate selected will receive a non-tenured faculty appointment to the University of Arizona consistent with their credentials.
Requirements and Essential Functions
- Board Certified/Board Eligible Nephrology
- Successful completion of a Nephrology Fellowship
- Training/experience with Renal Biopsy, Hemodialysis, Peritoneal Dialysis, Dialysis Catheters, Transplant
- Desire and ability to participate in clinical research, teaching, publications
- Team player with the ability to ‘think out of the box’
- Committed to patient care and to science
Work Schedule / Call
- 3-4 clinics per week plus 6 months as the attending on service
- Inpatient Rounding: 25-30 patients/average
- Outpatient Clinic: 12 patients/average (Open clinic environment)
- Weekend/night call: 1:4-5 (shared equally)
Banner Health and University of Arizona Health Network have come together to form Banner – University Medicine, a health system anchored in Phoenix and Tucson that makes the highest level of care accessible to Arizona residents. At the heart of this partnership is academic medicine – research, teaching and patient care – across three academic medical centers: Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix, formerly Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center, is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals who serve the community.
We offer a generous salary and benefits. Please submit your letter of interest and CV for immediate consideration
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.
Facility & Location InformationBanner University Medical Center - Tucson
1625 N. Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ 85719 Physician-Nephrology
Apply for Physician-Nephrology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly