The James J. Peters VA Medical Center (Bronx, New York), affiliated with the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai is seeking a full time gastroenterologist and hepatologist. The applicant needs to be comfortable managing complex liver patients as well as be skilled in performing diagnostic and therapeutic upper and lower endoscopy. Responsibilities include teaching and supervision of medical residents and GI fellows. Call is every fourth night and weekend. Ample research opportunities are available and established background in clinical research is strongly preferred.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Citizenship of the United States. (Noncitizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens)
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in allopathic medicine or osteopathic medicine.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Board Certification/Board Eligible in gastroenterology/hepatology preferred (key faculty appointment at one of our academic affiliates).
- Academic achievements commensurate with faculty appointment as assistant professor of medicine or higher
The James J. Peters, VA Medical Center is located on an attractive campus in the northwest Bronx. Competitive salary and excellent benefits are available. Interested applicants must submit a current CV and the names and addresses of three references to: Elizabeth Houser, Human Resources (05), VA Medical Center, 130 West Kingsbridge Road, Bronx, NY 10468. FAX: 718-741-4598 or Ijeoma.Uwasomba@va.gov. English language proficiency and US citizenship are required. A current medical license/registration required. The VA is an EOE, M/F/V/H.
Apply for PHYSICIAN GASTROENTEROLOGIST/HEPATOLOGIST
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly