OB/GYN - Sarasota & Venice, FL
First Physicians Group of Sarasota Memorial Health Care System is seeking to employ two OB/GYNs for the highly desirable areas of Sarasota and Venice, Florida. We are located approximately 60 minutes south of Tampa and 1.5 hours north of Ft. Myers on the West Coast of Florida.
Sarasota Memorial Hospital is an award-winning full-service health system with 839 beds and specialized expertise in heart, vascular, cancer, and neuroscience services, as well as a network of outpatient centers, long-term care and rehabilitation among its many nationally recognized programs. It is the only hospital providing Level II Trauma, obstetrical services, a 25 bed Pediatric Unit, and a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in Sarasota County.
The Level III NICU has 33 private rooms. The hospital has neonatologists on site 24/7 and Maternal Fetal Medicine coverage. The Mother Baby unit holds 28 beds and Labor & Delivery has 14 spacious suites, 3 C-section Operating Rooms and a 4-bed recovery area. The hospital also has a 7-bed OB ECC and triage unit near the Emergency Room. The hospital performed 4,118 deliveries in 2019, and we have 4 daVinci robots accessible to our surgeons.
In October 2021, SMHCS will be opening a new 110-bed acute-care hospital in Venice, Florida. This new facility will have 10 LDRPs, 2 ORs, and 4 triage beds. It will be a Level 1 accepting patients who are 35 weeks or greater. First Physicians Group will be opening a new OB/GYN practice on the campus of the hospital.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Outpatient Obstetrics & Gynecologic Care.
- Perform deliveries and covers deliveries for physicians in their group in equal rotation.
- On staff at one hospital - Sarasota Memorial Hospital or Sarasota Memorial - Venice.
- Equitable weekend call coverage with other OBGYNs in the practice.
- OB Hospitalist group covers the OB ECC and provides back-up coverage for community OBGYNs.
- Will perform C-Sections and Gynecologic surgeries/procedures
- A Board-Certified OB/GYN is preferred with 3+ years of experience.
- Licensed in Florida and holds a current DEA Certificate
- Graduate of an ACGME accredited OB/GYN program
- A 2 year employment contract with a generous salary and bonus potential. Physicians transition to a pay model after 2 years.
- Comprehensive benefits - health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 403B Retirement Plan, CME, PTO and many other perks.
- Relocation assistance is provided.
- As an employee of a public, State of Florida organization, physicians are entitled to sovereign immunity.
- We are a not-for-profit entity. Physicians can participate in the PSLF Program if employed by FPG.
First Physicians Group is one of the gulf coast’s foremost primary and specialty care groups. The group is comprised of 250+ physicians and advanced practice providers in 31 different specialties and 42 practice locations throughout Sarasota and Manatee Counties. It is backed by the tradition and strength of Sarasota Memorial Health Care System.
Apply for OB/GYN - Sarasota & Venice, FL
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly