Emergency Medicine Residency Program Director
RESIDENCY PROGRAM DIRECTOR
Hackensack University Medical Center
Hackensack Meridian Health
Hackensack, New Jersey
Hackensack Meridian Health is seeking an Emergency Medicine Residency Program Director to join our academic leadership team! This position is an opportunity to expand the academic mission and growth of our fully supported program.
Hackensack University Medical Center is the academic flagship hospital of the prestigious 17 hospital Hackensack Meridian Health network. Emergency Medicine plays a strong leadership role as the first Graduate Medical Education program at our sponsoring institution. Additionally, many of our Emergency Medicine faculty are leaders in our Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine where Emergency Medicine is a core clerkship requirement.
As the Residency Program Director, you will collaborate with our departmental Chair and Vice-Chair of Academic Affairs who was our founding Residency Program Director as well as our Associate and Assistant Program Directors to take our program to the highest level. You will continue to develop and create a rich educational experience based on our Emergency Department’s core values (Excellence, Innovation, Accountability, Engagement, Empathy and Equity).
- Compliance with ACGME requirements
- Clinical Teaching and Supervision of Residents
- Core Program Clinical Teaching
- General Program Administration
- GME Committees/Meetings
- GME Lecturing/Teaching Conferences
- Research/Scholarly Activity
- Resident Evaluation/Mentoring
- Program Evaluation
- Faculty Teaching Evaluation
Education, Training and Skills:
- M.D./D.O. degree from a recognized Medical or Osteopathic School.
- Board certification in Emergency Medicine
- At least three years of experience as a core physician faculty member in an ACGME accredited Emergency Medicine Program
- Ability to collaborate with professional peers and faculty members
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
In addition to our collegial work environment, we offer a highly competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits.
For immediate consideration, please submit your CV to Nancy Massa, physician recruiter, at: email@example.com or call (732) 890-9339.
Hackensack University Medical Center (HUMC)
Hackensack University Medical Center, a 775-bed nonprofit teaching and research hospital located in Bergen County, NJ, and is the largest provider of inpatient and outpatient services in New Jersey. HUMC is listed as the number two hospital in New Jersey in U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospital rankings. HUMC was the first hospital in New Jersey and second in the nation to become a Magnet® recognized hospital for nursing excellence.
Hackensack Meridian Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions or any other characteristic protected by law.