Chief Resident/Junior Attending, Internal Medicine Residency Program
- Position Type
Wow at Luminis Health in Annapolis Maryland – we have a bright opportunity awaiting the physician that has the understanding and willingness to work side-by-side with our residency providers, patients and healthcare collaborators (specialties) as our Chief Resident/Junior Attending, Internal Medicine Residency Program
- Outpatient Schedule M-F
- Inpatient Schedule: Rotating
Full Comprehensive Benefit Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) with Matching, LTD/STD, Loan Forgiveness Support/Consult, and so much more….
Reports To: Program Director, Internal Medicine
The Chief Resident/Junior Attending, Internal Medicine, at Anne Arundel Medical will provide resident supervision and role modeling, assist with the design of educational curricula and evaluation methods, and ensure appropriate core administrative support for tasks such as organizing educational events and scheduling.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Ambulatory clinic supervision, inpatient ward team supervision, inpatient consultative or co-management medicine team supervision (12 weeks a year).
- Take full ownership of noon conference content and flow
- Schedule and confirm Noon Conferences for the academic year
- Facilitate discussion and provide didactic portion for residents case sessions
- Facilitate questions and further learning associate with faculty sessions
- Present didactic conference in entirety at least monthly (minimum 12/year)
- Have content available in case of conference cancellations
- Create and innovate to provide new conference content/presentation styles/sessions
- Support set-up for didactic conferences including attendance, evaluation and AV support.
- Make the monthly assignment schedule in conjunction with the program director and scheduling faculty member
- Didactic presentation assignments to the residents including Journal Club, M&M and EBM
- Enter schedule into AMION (or other scheduling system).
- Help clerkship director with the student schedule when needed.
- Make any changes to the ambulatory block schedule and discuss with appropriate clinic managers regarding the changes
- Ongoing communication with the residents including schedule changes and jeopardy calls.
- Support set-up for Grand Rounds
- Oversee resident committee assignments and ensure attendance and participation
- General resident schedule upkeep with regard to changes and adjustments
- Attend hospital wide safety huddle
- Regular service on at least one hospital committee and active involvement in hospital quality and safety initiatives. This would include ownership of resident involvement in quality and safety initiatives at each hospital.
- Attend faculty meetings
- Doctor of Medicine
- Current certification in the specialty by the American Board or the American Osteopathic Board, or Board eligible
- Current medical licensure in the State of Maryland.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands - Medium Duty
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
To learn more about this exceptional opportunity - please send your CV to email@example.com or fax to 443-481-3728
Apply for Chief Resident/Junior Attending, Internal Medicine Residency Program
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly