The Department of Medical Imaging is seeking a fellowship-trained radiologist to join the Division of Cardiothoracic Imaging. Appointment rank is commensurate with experience. We are seeking intellectually curious, team-oriented candidates who are excellent clinical Cardiothoracic Imaging specialists and enthusiastic educators.
Prospective candidates, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or full Professor will have an MD or DO degree, ABR Board certification in Diagnostic Radiology and fellowship training in Thoracic Imaging. The candidate will be eligible for licensure in the State of Arizona.
The ideal applicant will have expertise in all aspects of Cardiothoracic Imaging including chest radiographs, cardiothoracic CT/MR, and cardiac MR. She or he will imbue growth-oriented and customer-focused mindsets along with a sense of stewardship to the Department of Medical Imaging, Banner University Health, and the University of Arizona College of Medicine. Candidates should possess experience and passion in caring for Cardiothoracic Imaging patients, teaching, and supervising medical students, residents and fellows, and the ability to work cooperatively and collegially within a diverse environment. Fundamental to the position are the ability to deliver outstanding collaborative patient care.
- Contribute to a strong academic division that provides comprehensive clinical service with a spirit of innovation as an engine for growth, value, and service
- Participate in weekday clinical work and weekday/weekend call coverage while ensuring the delivery of timely, high-quality clinical care
- Collaboration with colleagues to improve service and quality to for the betterment of our patients
- Provide instruction for the Residency, Fellowship and Medical Student educational programs by preparing and administering lectures and reviewing cases
- Participate in interdisciplinary conferences, conferring with other services concerning issues affecting Medical Imaging
- Support innovative research and serve as a willing collaborator with clinical and translational researchers
Division of Cardiothoracic Imaging
- Advanced diagnostic imaging using the latest CT and MR technology
- Support of lung transplant and cardiac transplant programs
- Interstitial lung disease program enhanced and in-house ILD clinic
- Specialties include Lung Cancer Screening, Virtual Bronchoscopy and CT Angiograms
- Sarver Heart Center
- Division of Cardiology
- Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Division of Vascular Surgery
- Electrophysiology Cardiologist specialists
- Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- University of Arizona's Asthma Center
- Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, Critical Care & Sleep Medicine
The Department of Medical Imaging is one of 17 clinical departments in the UArizona College of Medicine – Tucson that provides medical care through Banner University Health. The clinical caseload serves as an excellent resource for our training programs, which includes both Diagnostic Radiology and Interventional Radiology Residencies, Medical Student Course Electives and multiple accredited fellowship training programs. Medical Imaging supports a Cardiothoracic Fellowship Program approved for two candidates.
Medical Imaging serves the two main hospitals, Banner University Medical Center – Tucson, BUMC-T (479 licensed beds) and Banner University Medical Center – South, BUMC-S (150 licensed beds), and the Diamond Children’s Medical Center, as well as two outpatient centers: Banner University Medicine-North, BUMC-N, and the Advanced Breast Imaging Center, ABIC.
Banner – University Medical Center Tucson opened its new nine-story, $446 million hospital tower (Tower 1) on April 22, 2019. The 670,000-square-foot teaching hospital features 228 private rooms, 20 new operating rooms, new diagnostic imaging, and cardiac catheterization labs. Tower 1 offers two 1.5T scanners and one 3T MR. BUMC-South offers a 1.5T scanner. Additionally, two 3T MR scanners are located at BUMC-North.
Cardiothoracic imaging is offered at all 3 Tucson locations: BUMC-T, BUMC-S and BUMC-N. CT scanners include two Toshiba Aquilion CT scanners, two Siemens Definition AS CT scanners, a Siemens Flash, a Siemens Edge, and a GE Revolution HD CT scanner.
Our Banner Health Total Compensation package includes:
- Relocation, Sign-On Incentives, and Loan Repayment Programs available
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and pharmacy plans
- Qualified tuition reduction available for dependents at Arizona universities
- Paid malpractice and CME with allowance
- Eligible for benefits coverage within 30 days
- Retirement package of 401(k) with matching and 457(b)deferred compensation plan
Warm weather, 286+ days of sunshine and picturesque mountains in every direction are a few of the attributes that make Tucson, Arizona a grand destination. Offering the authentic feel of the Southwest, Tucson is a metropolis rich in culture and outdoor activities such as hiking and mountain biking at Sabino Canyon and Mount Lemmon.
Friendly people contribute to the small-town feel of Tucson, even though it is the second-largest city in Arizona. The city’s rich cultural heritage includes a mix of Spanish, Mexican, and American influences, as well as those of the native peoples of the Tohono O’odham Nation. Experience the wide-open spaces, glorious sunsets and fresh air that make Tucson a perfect place to call home.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Department of Medical Imaging celebrates our greatest asset of diversity and champions an inclusive climate.
We encourage you to mention this site when you submit your CV to Dr. Geoff Rubin, c/o Linda Montano.
The safety of our team members and patients is of utmost importance, so Banner is requiring the COVID-19 vaccine for all team members. As members of the health care field, we are in the business of caring for people, so we take seriously our commitment to ensure our patients and teams are safeguarded from this rapidly changing and dangerous disease.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.
Facility & Location InformationBanner - University Medical Center Tucson
1625 North Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85719 Physician-Radiology
Apply for Physician-Radiology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly