Geriatric Physician Opportunity where Renowned Expertise meets Top-ranked Facilities and World F...
Geriatric Physician - Baptist Senior Service
Baptist Health, Northeast Florida s largest and most preferred health system, is seeking a trained geriatrician to join our program for senior services. Our innovative program includes a multi-disciplinary team approach to primary care led by the geriatrician.
A board-certified geriatrician is required to help shape our comprehensive, innovative program and Medicare Medical Home. The opportunity is for full-time and the clinic is based in the highly desirable Ponte Vedra area treating patients 65 years and older.
- MD or DO
- Board Certified or Eligible
- Active/Unrestricted Florida medical license
- Geriatric Fellowship Preferred
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Must be able and willing to lead an Interdisciplinary Team model with support of behavioral health, social work, pharmacy, nutrition, care coordination and rehab resources, plus integrating patient/care-givers into the care team in support of exemplary patient outcomes and synergy among the components
- Maintenance of patient well-being and independent functioning
- Ability to spend sufficient time caring for patients in the most appropriate venue: office, via telemedicine, and in the home
- Work with an Advance Practice Provider to optimize time spent with patients
- Ability to share in on-call schedule
- Advance Care Planning
- Attention to Medicare Advantage/ACO quality outcome requirements
- Inspires patient engagement and patient activation
- Sensitivity to read and react appropriately to verbal and non-verbal cues
- Excellent bed-side manner that puts patients, care givers and family at ease
- Ability to communicate patiently with patient, care givers, and family, as well as with Interdisciplinary Team members to achieve optimal patient outcomes
- Empathy toward the human condition and human behavior
- High level of attention to patient satisfaction
About our Facility
Baptist Senior Service is affiliated with Baptist Health, Northeast Florida s Most Preferred provider since 1990 ranking highest in the categories of Best Doctors, Best Nurses, Best Quality and Best Reputation. Baptist Health specialty physicians enjoy the ability to build thriving and robust practices as part of the largest physician network in the region, including more than 250 primary care providers at the core of the health system. With five nationally-recognized hospitals and physician teams providing care across the spectrum of inpatient and outpatient services, Baptist Health offers physicians the opportunity for exceptional careers backed by renowned reputation, outstanding infrastructure and a patient-centered culture at the heart of our mission.
World Famous Quality of Life
Northeast Florida is alive with over 1,100 miles of beaches and waterways, 80,000 acres of parks and trails, a strong and prosperous economy, professional sports teams, championship tennis clubs, renowned golf courses, diverse heritage and vast cultural experiences. The area serves as home to some of the Sunshine State s best cost of living and the nation s most sought after quality of life, combining old southern charm with modern Florida flair. Immediately within reach are world famous destinations, attractions, theme parks, entertainment and recreation for individuals and families of all ages.
Recently ranked by Time Magazine as the second most Up-and-Coming Cities and by Forbes Magazine as the Most Desirable City for Relocation in the United States, Jacksonville is a modern and vibrant destination surrounded by the very best that Florida has to offer. Equal parts relaxation and adventure, the region was recently chosen as one of Expedia s Top 20 Supercool U.S. Cities .
Apply for Geriatric Physician Opportunity where Renowned Expertise meets Top-ranked Facilities and World F...
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly