MEDICAL DIRECTOR: CARE MANAGEMENT - Banner Health - Phoenix, Arizona
The Banner Health Insurance Division has an exciting new opportunity to join the growing team of Physician leaders in a non-clinical leadership role at Banner Health Corporate Center in Phoenix, AZ. Regarded and recognized as a top health system in the country for the clinical quality consistently provided to patients in our hospitals, Banner Health operates 29 hospitals, including three academic medical centers and other related health entities and services in six states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Nebraska, Nevada, and Wyoming.
The Banner Health Insurance Division manages over 1 million members in value-based contracts, including ACO models, down-side MA contracts (both full and partial delegation), a joint venture commercial plan called Banner|Aetna, and a fully owned Medicaid Plan. Members in these plans live across Arizona and Northern Colorado, and are managed by providers in many of Banner’s clinically integrated networks (CIN) and contracted providers. The Insurance Division has a Population Health Services Organization (PHSO) that provides services for both our owned health and affiliated health plans.
The Medical Director of Care Management will regularly collaborate with the CMOs and other medical directors of our owned and delegated health plans on the management of patients in our clinical programs, and explore the role of wellness, novel technologic solutions, and social determinants of health impact on our members. Additionally, this leader will work in a dyad relationship with the high-level nursing leaders in our PHSO and the greater Banner organization to build fully integrated care management models utilizing team members in existing departments (social workers, transition lists, case managers, nurses, clinical pharmacists, physicians, APPs, etc).
Qualifications and Essential functions include:
- Experienced Board-Certified Physician, minimum of 5 years of practice experience (plus if the experience is in Primary care)
- Experience in Insurance or Case Management preferred
- Strong Communication Skills to be able to move change through influence
- Collaborates with other Insurance Division team members within the population health services organization (PHSO) to deliver on the health care“Quadruple Aim”
- Assists in the ongoing evolution of our specialist Clinically Integrated Networks, leading the development of guidelines and practice standards with community physician leaders and other clinicians to ensure success in our value-based payer arrangement
- Schedule M-F | 8-5 PM
Banner Health’s Total Compensation package includes:
- Competitive salary
- Paid occurrence-based malpractice
- Paid CME
- 401k retirement plan with 4% match after one year of service
- Excellent benefit package options that provide security for you and your family
We encourage you to submit your CV to email@example.com. For questions, please call Chanelle Kisting, Sourcing Strategist, at (602) 747-6326. Visit our website: www.bannerhealth.com Please, No Agency Solicitation.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner Health recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. Banner Health is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.