Physician - Academics-Thoracic Surgery
The Department of Surgery at the University of Arizona and Banner University Medical Group are actively seeking an experienced Thoracic Surgeon to join its established team of surgeons and advanced practice providers. This is an excellent opportunity for a physician with proven clinical skills and demonstrated academic experience to join a fully-staffed, fully supported team on the campus at Banner University Medical Center in Tucson (BUMC-T) as a Clinical Faculty member.
- Qualified candidate will be BC or BE and fellowship trained
- Position open to experienced physicians and physicians just out of fellowship
- Academic experience with the desire to work with residents and actively involved in research
- Work Schedule: 2 full day clinic/week, 1-2 days in OR
- Call Schedule: shared with other physicians (can be taken from home)
The candidate selected will have the opportunity to develop a Full-Time clinical practice, educate residents and medical students, encouraged to participate in clinical and/or basic science research and will receive a faculty appointment commensurate with their credentials.
BUMC-T has a new 670,000 sq. ft hospital tower which opened 2019 with 22 new operating rooms. BUMC-T is renowned for excellence in patient care, biomedical research, teaching and community service. Located in the heart of Tucson, Arizona, it hosts more than a million patient visits annually in and around Tucson.
BUMC-T values patient-centered care and health care innovation. We were named a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital and ranked No. 3 Hospital in Arizona. Tucson, located in the Sonoran Desert surrounded by multiple mountain ranges, is a very friendly Southwestern town where you and your family will have time to enjoy it all!
- University town with small town feel and large town culture and entertainment
- Warm sunny climate year round
- Moderate cost of living
- Outdoor Adventures: golfing, hiking, biking, horseback riding, swimming and nearby skiing
- Heritage and culture: galleries, old presidio, museums, missions
- Culinary: great selection of cuisine with vibrant, newly renovated downtown
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer
Facility & Location InformationBanner University Medical Center - Tucson
1625 N. Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ 85719 Physician - Academics-Thoracic Surgery
Apply for Physician - Academics-Thoracic Surgery
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly