Physician - Academics-Plastic Surgery
The Department of Surgery at Banner University Medical Center in Tucson seeks a Reconstructive Plastic Surgeon at the Associate Professor or Professor level to serve as the Section Chief of a developing plastic surgery program within our Surgical Oncology Division. This is an exceptional leadership opportunity to build a plastic surgery program in an academic department with strong surgical oncology, trauma, and general surgery programs to support the growth of the program. This position involves mentoring of young plastic surgeons who recently completed training and involves teaching and mentoring of general surgery residents. There is long term opportunity to build a formal division and plastic surgery fellowship as the program grows. The qualified candidate will receive an academic appointment that is consistent with their credentials.
- 1.0 FTE (95% Clinical 5% Teaching)
- Average Patient Load: 10/day
- Clinical responsibilities: OP Clinic, IP rounding, Surgery
- Main Location: Banner University Medical Center Tucson, 1501 N Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ
- Secondary Location: Banner University Medical North Campus, 3838 N Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ
- Require 5+ years of experience in Plastic Surgery
- ABS/ABMS Board Certified in Plastic Surgery
- Microvascular fellowship preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Experience building a fellowship program preferred but not required
- Valid Arizona Medical license (or eligible to receive)
Banner Health and University of Arizona Health Network have come together to form Banner – University Medicine, a health system providing the highest level of care accessible to Arizona residents. At the heart of this partnership is academic medicine, focusing on teaching and patient care with expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals who serve the community.
Tucson provides a host of professional opportunities, cultural amenities and recreational activities such as:
- Majestic mountains in every direction and breathtaking sunsets
- K-12 educational options and the academic excellence of the University of Arizona
- Endless sunshine with no humidity, fresh air and easy access to the sand and surf of San Diego and Mexico
- Moderate cost of living.
Banner University Medical Group offers a generous salary and recruitment incentives, along with an industry leading benefits package that provides security for you and your family.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and pharmacy plans
- Qualified tuition reduction for dependents at any AZ state institution
- Paid malpractice
- Eligible for benefits coverage within 30 days
- Financial savings resources
- Career advancement and optimal work/life balance
- Employee Discounts
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CV FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.
Facility & Location InformationBanner University Medical Center - Tucson
1625 N. Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ 85719 Physician - Academics-Plastic Surgery
Apply for Physician - Academics-Plastic Surgery
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly