ACADEMIC CARDIOTHORACIC IMAGING RADIOLOGIST
UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA and BANNER UNIVERSITY MEDICAL GROUP - TUCSON
The Department of Medical Imaging at the University of Arizona and the Banner University Medical Group in Tucson, AZ, are seeking applicants for a Full-Time faculty position in the Cardiothoracic Imaging Division. The ideal candidate will have a successful record of clinical and service excellence, research experience, and interest in graduate medical education. Responsibilities include all aspects of Cardiothoracic Imaging, including CT/MRI, radiographs, and cardiac MRI.
Essential Functions & Requirements:
- BC/BE Diagnostic Radiology, CAQ-eligible, or certified.
- Fellowship training in Cardiothoracic Imaging
- Ability to work with diverse students, trainees, and colleagues
- Experience with a variety of teaching methods and curricular perspectives.
- Work Schedule: Clinic coverage Mon-Fri, 4 clinical days and 1 academic day
- Rotating Call: every 4th week
- Inpatient and outpatient CT/MRI, radiographs, cardiac MRI
- Academic Involvement: include funding/grant opportunities through multidisciplinary collaborations, publishing of peer-reviewed manuscripts, and participating in local and national educational opportunities
The Department of Medical Imaging provides clinical service to Banner University Medical Centers, including the only Level I Trauma Center in southern Arizona, the Diamond Children’s Medical Center, University of Arizona Cancer Center, South Campus Hospital, University Medical Imaging, and community sites throughout Arizona. The Department of Medical Imaging and BUMC are undergoing significant growth and investment, making this an attractive opportunity for the successful candidate. The department has a robust research core and is undergoing significant investment in facilities and advanced technology. Our practice is founded upon translational sciences and education, covering the full array of chest, abdominal, and pelvis diseases, including vascular and cardiac imaging. Our practice is interdisciplinary with active conferencing across the spectrum of specialties, including expanding transplantation and oncology services.
The Cardiothoracic Imaging Division collaborates with multiple medical specialties at the University of Arizona, such as the Department of Pulmonology and clinical partners such as Asthma & Airway Disease Research Center. We specialize in high-resolution CT of the chest to evaluate chronic interstitial lung disease, further enhanced by our multidisciplinary ILD Clinic. Our institution is a nationally recognized Scleroderma Research and Treatment Center in Tucson by the Scleroderma Foundation. We also specialize in Lung Cancer Screening, Virtual Bronchoscopy, CT Angiograms, dedicated CT Esophageal studies, and more.
- University town with a small-town feel and large town culture and entertainment
- Warm sunny climate year-round
- Moderate cost of living
- Outdoor Adventures: golfing, hiking, biking, horseback riding, swimming, and nearby skiing
- Heritage and culture: galleries, old presidio, museums, missions
- Culinary: great selection of cuisine with a vibrant, newly renovated downtown
We offer a generous salary and benefits. Please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For questions; please call Linda Montano, Sourcing Strategist, at 520-694-6730 Visit our website at www.practicewithus.bannerhealth.com
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.
Apply for ACADEMIC CARDIOTHORACIC IMAGING RADIOLOGIST
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly