Seeking BC/BE General Urologist
The Cheyenne VA Medical Center (CVAMC) in Cheyenne Wyoming is seeking talented new or experienced BC/BE Urologist for general “bread and butter” outpatient/inpatient practice on our Surgical Service Line Care Team. Training, experience and interest in ultrasound guided prostate biopsies and cystoscopy would be a definite plus. The Medical Center at Cheyenne provides primary and secondary inpatient services in medicine and surgery as well as outpatient services in medicine, surgery and psychiatry. Presently, the Medical Center has an operating bed level of 22 hospital beds; 16 medical beds and 6 surgical beds. The Medical Center also supports a 50-bed Nursing Home Care Unit located within the main hospital building. Cheyenne maintains a Regional Office on the grounds of the Center, and Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) in Fort Collins and Loveland, Colorado and Sidney, Nebraska. We are affiliated with the University of Wyoming College of Health and Human Services and the University of Northern Colorado Medical School. Work Schedule: Full-Time, Monday-Fridays, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM, Compressed / Alternate Schedule may also be considered. Call is not expected at this time.
- US Citizen (Non-US Citizens May Also Be Considered)
- Degree in Allopathic Medicine (MD) or Osteopathic Medicine (DO)
- Current, active US State Medical License to practice medicine or surgery
- BC/BE in Urology with preference for Ultrasound Guided Prostate Biopsies and Cystoscopy a definite plus
Cheyenne, Wyoming’s Capital, reflects the natural beauty of the rest of the “Equality State” with wide open spaces and soaring snow-capped mountains that attract many seeking clean, community-sensed, low cost of living and low taxes. The very name Cheyenne conjures up images of cowboys, rodeos and trains around the world. Today's Cheyenne is all of that and more, including the world's largest outdoor rodeo and Western celebration to world class mountain biking, climbing, and camping. Wyoming ranks among the best places to experience some of America’s greatest natural wonders like Yellowstone National Park, Shoshone National Forrest and Grand Teton National Park, to Jackson Hole for some of the best Ski Resorts in the U.S. and Flaming Gorge for some of the most exciting river fly and tailwater fishing. Rated as the third cleanest U.S. cities by the American Lung Association, Cheyenne, with a population of little more than 62,000, was also ranked at number five on the 2015 Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index, making it one of the top states for physical health, sense of community, financial health, social wellbeing and sense of purpose of its residents.
- Expected Realistic Annual Salary Range: $300,000 to $325,000 with consideration given to candidate's qualifications, credentials and experience; and may include up to $15,000 in Annual Performance Bonus
- The VA offers Physicians and all employees industry leading full benefits and features package to support high quality professional practice & favorable work-life-family balance
- Paid Time Off in the form of 26 Days paid annual leave, 13 Days paid sick leave per year, 10 Federal holidays with pay, and 5-Day paid absence to attend approved CME courses
- Insurance to include Health-Dental-Vision-Life insurance programs to choose from with premiums partially offset Federal Government; Flexible Spending Accounts; Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government; and Long-term care insurance available as an option.
- Federal Retirement Plan thru the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) - A three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan.
About the VA:
The Department of Veterans Affairs offers Veterans the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 sites of care, including 153 medical centers, 909 ambulatory and community-based outpatient clinics, 135 nursing homes, 232 Veterans centers, 47 readjustment counseling centers, and 108 comprehensive home-care programs, across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. Territories.
For more information and to discuss your interests:
Please forward copy of your CV and Cover Letter, summarizing your background, education, training, clinical practice, credentials and interests, to Dave Aragon, VA National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant at email@example.com or call (702) 675-5761.
Apply for Seeking BC/BE General Urologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly