Chief of Internal Medicine – Flushing, New York
The Charles B Wang Community Health Center is seeking a Chief of Internal Medicine at our growing Queens location. We are looking for a team-oriented individual with a passion for primary care who would be able to lead a group of like-minded adult medicine providers, nursing staff and dedicated care team. We are a mission-driven community health center in a vibrant neighborhood of New York City.
The Charles B. Wang Community Health Center is a non-profit federally qualified health center nationally recognized for providing high quality health care for medically underserved people, with a focus on Asian Americans. Our mission is to improve the health and health care of the communities we serve. Mental Health, Nutrition, Health Education and Social Work services are available to assist our patients. The Health Center is a NCQA-certified level III Patient-Centered Medical Home and recognized by the federal Bureau of Primary Health Care as a National Quality Leader among health centers.
Our physicians enjoy excellent work-life balance. There are no in-patient responsibilities and on-call is only back-up phone call for front line providers. There are ample opportunities to participate in community outreach, medical education and research. Benefits include competitive salary with productivity-based incentive pay, malpractice coverage, medical and dental insurance, 403(b) Retirement Plan, and CME time and allowance. Our physicians are eligible to apply for National Health Services Corps loan repayment programs.
- Oversee clinical care of the Internal Medicine service, Queens
- Oversee clinicians, including recruitment, retention, training and mentoring
- Supervise directly or indirectly mid-level clinicians (e.g. nurse practitioners, physician assistants)
- Oversee nursing and care management of the service
- Collaborate with the Unit Manager in practice administration and improvement
- Oversee Internal Medicine quality assurance, patient safety, and risk management plan and program including peer review, quality improvement, clinical quality measures and patient satisfaction.
- Set standards, protocols, and expectations for clinical care in collaboration with the Chief of Internal Medicine, Manhattan
- Liaison with local hospitals and providers serving health center patients.
- Assist expansion of services by participating in community outreach
- Author and participate in original research and grants as interested
- Plan and develop Internal Medicine programs guided by mission and strategic plan
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited medical school and licensed to practice in New York State
- Board certified
- 3-5 years of clinical and administrative experience
- Proficiency in Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean or Spanish is helpful, but not required
Learn more and apply on https://cbwchc.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=5&id=582&source=JAMA
Contact Annie Ma at email@example.com if you have any questions. We are also looking for Internists and Family Practitioners in Lower Manhattan, New York.