Physician - Academics-Rheumatology
The Division of Rheumatology and Department of Medicine is actively recruiting an outstanding experienced clinician to join a clinical faculty team that provides patient care in the areas of outpatient, teaching and opportunities for research. The qualified candidate will receive a faculty appointment consistent with their credentials.
- M.D./D.O. degree
- BC/BE in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology
- Ability to obtain an AZ license
- Graduate of ACGME Internal Medicine/Rheumatology Program
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Provide 8 outpatient clinics per week
- Provide 6-8 weeks on the Inpatient Rheumatology Consult service
- Must be a collaborative team member, with the desire to help develop educational and/or quality improvement projects
- Ability to teach medical students, residents and fellows on the consult service and outpatient clinics.
The University of Arizona Rheumatology team of physicians, nurses and other health-care staff works to bring relief to adult patients with arthritis and musculoskeletal problems such as:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Inflammatory myopathy
- Common musculoskeletal disorders such as osteoarthritis and osteoporosis
Banner Health and University of Arizona Health Network have come together to form Banner – University Medicine, a health system anchored in Phoenix and Tucson that makes the highest level of care accessible to Arizona residents. At the heart of this merger is academic medicine – research, teaching and patient care – across three academic medical centers. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals who serve the community.
Tucson provides a host of professional opportunities, cultural amenities and recreational activities such as:
- Majestic mountains in every direction and breathtaking sunsets
- K-12 educational options and the academic excellence of the University of Arizona
- Endless sunshine with no humidity, fresh air and easy access to the sand and surf of San Diego and Mexico
- Moderate cost of living
Banner University Medical Group offers a generous salary and recruitment incentives, along with an industry leading benefits package that provides security for you and your family.
- Sign-on/relocation bonus
- Eligible for benefit coverage within 30 days
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and pharmacy plans
- 22 vacation days & 6 holidays
- 5 CME days, with $5,000 in reimbursement each year
- Paid malpractice, licensure & DEA registration fees
- 401k retirement plan with 4% match after one year of service
- Financial savings resources
- Career advancement and optimal work/life balance
- Employee Discounts
- Tuition benefits for you and your immediate family (qualifications/restrictions apply)
Please submit your letter of interest and CV for immediate consideration
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.
Facility & Location InformationBanner University Medical Center - Tucson
1625 N. Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ 85719 Physician - Academics-Rheumatology
Apply for Physician - Academics-Rheumatology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly