Physician - Academics-Sleep Medicine

Banner Health
Phoenix, Arizona
Dec 15, 2020
Dec 15, 2021
Pulmonary Disease
Full Time
Position Type

Sleep Medicine Physician

Banner University Medical Center-Phoenix

The Division of Sleep Medicine at Banner-University Medical Center-Phoenix is seeking a board certified/board eligible sleep medicine physician to join a growing academic sleep medicine program. This is an excellent opportunity for a physician with proven clinical skills, academic experience to join a fully staffed, fully supported team.

Essential functions include:

  • Full broad-spectrum sleep center with academic interest in growing fellowship program.
  • Support on our main campus at Banner University Medical Center-Phoenix and travel to Phoenix metro locations as needed.
  • Mentor our sleep medicine fellows as they rotate though the sleep medicine services.
  • This is a 1.0 clinical position with 75% dedicated to clinic and the remaining 25% dedicated to reading studies
  • Call is minimal and from home seven nights a week. Call will be shared in rotation with other faculty, residents, and fellows.

Required Qualifications:

  • BC/BE in Sleep Medicine, fellowship trained and have an established track record with significant academic experience in a full range of Sleep Medicine program.
  • Academic experience with the desire to work with fellowship.
  • Ability to see full range of age in patients, with primary adult patients however may have some kids.


Banner Health and University of Arizona Health Network have come together to form Banner – University Medicine, a health system anchored in Phoenix that makes the highest level of care accessible to Arizona residents. At the heart of this merger is academic medicine – research, teaching and patient care – across three academic medical centers: Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix, formerly Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center, is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals who serve the community

Banner Health offers an industry leading benefits package that provides security for you and your family including:

· Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and pharmacy plans

· Paid time off plans

· Eligible for benefits coverage within 30 days

· Financial savings resources

· Career advancement and optimal work/life balance

· Employee Discounts

Physician-led system Banner health is focused on the well-being of our patients and our providers, We offer excellent compensation including attractive salary, relocation assistance, fully paid occurrence-based malpractice, paid CME plus allowance and excellent benefit package options that provide security for you and your family.


As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employee

Facility & Location Information

Banner University Medical Center - Phoenix
Downtown Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ 85006 Physician - Academics-Sleep Medicine

Apply for Physician - Academics-Sleep Medicine

Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly


Upload from your computer

Or import from cloud storage

Your Resume must be a .doc, .pdf, .docx, .rtf, and no bigger than 1Mb

4000 characters left

When you apply for a job we will send your application to the named recruiter, who may contact you. By applying for a job listed on JAMA Career Center you agree to our terms and conditions and privacy policy. You should never be required to provide bank account details. If you are, please email us.