Neurologist Opportunity - 75% Outpatient/ 25% Inpatient
Neurologist Opportunity - 75% Outpatient/ 25% Inpatient :
If you are looking to be a part of a collegial team with extensive resources, paired with quality of life - THIS MAY BE THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU!
Location : Lynchburg, VA
Baseline Qualifications :
- Neurology residency
- Board eligible
- Ability to manage inpatient stroke care for patients across Centra
- Ability to interpret long term EEGs, preferred but not required
- Could have fellowship training in any subspecialty
- Position requires mix of inpatient and outpatient work, split is roughly 75% outpatient and 25% inpatient, minimum of one week/month of inpatient coverage, can offer two if desired.
- 3 Neurosurgeons
- 5 Neurologists
- 9 Advanced Practice Professional
Locations to Cover/Privileges Needed :
- Outpatient: Lynchburg CMG Neurology
- Inpatient: Lynchburg General Hospital; Telemedicine for Bedford Memorial Hospital, Southside Community Hospital and Gretna
Department Details :
- Dedicated neuro ICU
- Neuro step down unit
- Prolonged EEG monitoring
- 24/7 intensivist support
- 24/7 code stroke nursing coverage
- Neurointerventional and neurosurgery support
- Consult only service supported by inpatient MD/APP combination
- Centra Neurosciences program includes dedicated headache center, movement disorders center and MS clinic as well as neuromuscular services
- LGH is also a Joint Commission certified Primary Stroke Center.
Types of Cases/ Essential Duties :
Outpatient: new patients and established patients, procedures like Botox, nerve blocks and trigger point injections. EMG specialization helpful, but not required. Inpatient: consult only service supported by APPs during the week. Consults, rounding, LPs, primary stroke call during daytime hours, opportunity to pick up night shift stroke call.
- Outpatient: 15-18 patients/day - this is flexible dependent upon subspecialization
- Inpatient: Average census of 15 patients/daily inpatient
Schedule & Call :
Outpatient: Monday through Friday, Inpatient: Monday through Monday, 1 week a month, no clinic required during these weeks. Expectation for inpatient would be 1 weekend a month.
Physician's Compensation & Benefits Include :
- Competitive compensation package
- Credentialing bonus: $10k
- Commencement bonus: $10k
- Relocation Allowance: $10k
- Educational Loan Assistance: Up to $100k
- Retirement Saving Plan (Company contribution up to 4% of salary)
- Matching 403(b) (100% match up to 3%)
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Life insurance (1x salary, buy-up option up to 4x salary)
- Long-term care insurance available for purchase
- Flexible spending accounts (health care & dependent care)
- Malpractice Insurance: coverage through Centra's program
- $7,500 Yearly CME Allowance
About CMG Neurosciences :
About CMG Neurosciences :
The CMG Neurosciences division has grown significantly in the past several years to include specialized Epilepsy services complete with epilepsy monitoring unit, neurodiagnostics and research, stroke and neurovascular services and development of a comprehensive headache center with plans for expansion to treating concussions. CMG Neurosciences has also developed a movement disorders program along with a dedicated MS Clinic to address the specific needs of these patients. This has included the development of a robust DBS program including surgical options and medical management of DBS devices. The department has 3 full time neurosurgeons trained in spine, complex spine, and vascular neurosurgery. Within the neurovascular services, the team offers a full range of clinical capability from endovascular procedures to open cerebrovascular procedures addressing AVMs, aneurysms, and tumors. Finally, the department has dedicated resources to the development of research within the Neurosciences department; these efforts will continue to expand with the subspecialty interests of other providers that join the team.
About Lynchburg, VA :
Lynchburg, Virginia is a friendly and vibrant city in central Virginia, boasting excellent schools and a bevy of entertainment and cultural options. Blessed with 4 distinct seasons, Lynchburg offers seasonal activities ranging from snow skiing to water skiing, from gardening to hiking. With a long and proud history, Lynchburg is a place that offers its own distinct culture, melded seamlessly with the modern world. it is a lovely place to work and raise a family.
Please send your CV to email@example.com
Apply for Neurologist Opportunity - 75% Outpatient/ 25% Inpatient
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly