Physician - Hospice and Palliative Care - Denver
About Us: SCL Health is a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization dedicated to improving the health of the people and communities we serve, especially those who are poor and vulnerable. Founded by the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth in 1864, our $2.6 billion health network provides comprehensive, coordinated care through 10 hospitals, more than 100 physician clinics, and home health, hospice, mental health and safety-net services primarily in Colorado and Montana. We relentlessly focus on delivering safe, high-quality, effective care to every patient, every time, everywhere. In 2016, SCL Health invested $257 million in community benefit 10 cents of every dollar we earnto support health improvement in our communities. Opportunity Description: SCL Health is seeking a Board Certified Hospice and Palliative Physician to work with the Palliative Care Consult Team and inpatient care providers within Lutheran Medical Center. The Hospice and Palliative Physician will be providing direct patient care and staff education on the direction of end of life care within the Inpatient Hospice Unit and Home Health Program at Collier Hospice Center. These are successful quality focused programs that are growing. We currently have about 200 patients in the Palliative Care at Home Program, handle 600 consults in the hospital and have ~150 hospice patients. Additionally, this position will have a Medical Directorship component in which the selected candidate will oversee the medical operations of Hospice and Palliative care. Responsibilities to include, but not limited...
- Supervising and training other Hospice Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers.
- Provide a full scope of care to both Palliative and Hospice patients to include some home based palliative and urgent home hospice.
- Involved in comprehensive Plan of Care development.
- Work with a collaborative team of 3 Physicians, several Advanced Practice Providers, Social Workers and Chaplains
- Hours are Mon-Fri 8am-5pm,
- Call is 1 night per week on-call and every 5th weekend with responsibilities in the Hospice Inpatient Unit during the day
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Fellowship trained and Board Certified in Hospice/Palliative Care, required
- Have or able to obtain a CO Physician license, required
- Minimum of three years of experience working in a defined Palliative Care or Hospice setting, required
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Supervisory experience is a must
Apply for Physician - Hospice and Palliative Care - Denver
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly