Physician - Pediatrics - Urology Job in Minneapolis, MN
The Department of Urology at the University of Minnesota Medical School is seeking an individual for a full-time Pediatric Urologist for a clinical appointment on the academic, master-clinician, or tenure track as an Assistant or Associate Professor, based upon meeting departmental and University criteria for appointment. About the Appointment:
- Duties of this position include engagement in clinical and/or basic science research, patient care in pediatric urology, and certain administrative duties.
- This position will include clinical duties working at the University of Minnesota Masonic Children s Hospital as well as having an outpatient clinical practice.
- Additional responsibilities will include participation in the teaching of medical students, residents, and fellows as well as a dedicated team of advance practice providers and participation in service activities on behalf of the department, the medical school, and your profession.
- As an educator, the applicant should have the ability to attract students and residents to the field of urology/pediatric urology, including those from backgrounds traditionally underrepresented in surgery.
- The successful candidate will participate in research projects and other academic/scholarly activities either as a collaborator or independent researcher, and participate in faculty development activities tailored to the candidate's career interests and goals.
- Faculty will be active in their national organizations and foster an academic environment for medical students, residents and faculty.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME Urology residency and Pediatric Urology fellowship training program.
- Board eligible/certified in Pediatric Urology.
- Successful candidates will have strong surgical skills and be sensitive to the needs of patients from diverse backgrounds.
- Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure.
- Ability to obtain/maintain DEA certification in the State of Minnesota
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges
- Ability to receive work authorization in the United States from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and maintain legal status according to the requirements of VISA category while in the United States (if applicable).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exception team player skills and priority of patient service
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Education focused and a creative problem-solver
Apply for Physician - Pediatrics - Urology Job in Minneapolis, MN
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly