Neurosurgery - Pediatric and Epilepsy (Eastern Pennsylvania)
Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) and Lehigh Valley Reilly Children’s Hospital invites a BE/BC Neurosurgeon who has exceptional clinical and interpersonal skills to join our neurosurgery team in the beautiful Lehigh Valley region of eastern Pennsylvania. At Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN), we continually go the extra mile to further our mission to heal, comfort and care for the people of our community. Each one of our 19,000 colleagues contributes to this mission and helps make all communities we serve healthier – and better – places in which to live. Our health care professionals provide amazing care every day!
Our new Attending Neurosurgeon will be tasked with building programs in pediatric neurosurgery and epilepsy surgery for all ages. In addition, s/he must have solid training in general neurosurgery and be comfortable with cranial and spinal trauma.
LVHN Neurosurgery Overview:
- Busiest neurosurgical program in a multi-county region
- Subspecialized neurosurgery programs span Level I trauma center, dedicated spine center, brain tumor center, cerebral neurovascular center, Joint Commission certified stroke center and integrated neurosciences center
- 14 bed neurosciences ICU, inpatient Neurology/Epilepsy unit, comprehensive imaging center, Gamma Knife and Inpatient Rehabilitation Center
- 6 employed attending Neurosurgeons
- 12 employed Neurosurgery Advanced Practice Clinicians (APCs)
Lehigh Valley Reilly Children’s Hospital is the only pediatric hospital and level 2 pediatric trauma center in the region which has a catchment area of over 2.5 million people. It has a dedicated 24/7 Pediatric Emergency Department, PICU, level 4 NICU and Reilly Children’s Outpatient Surgical Center. There are 24/7 in house Pediatric Intensivists, Neonatologists, and General Surgery and Pediatric residents. Pediatric Surgical Specialists include General Surgery, Urology, Orthopedics, Otolaryngology, and Plastics. Within the physician practice, there are General Pediatricians and Pediatric Specialists from Gastroenterology, Pulmonology, Hematology and Oncology, Cardiology, Adolescent Medicine, Infectious Disease, Critical Care, Neonatology, Radiology, Endocrinology, Neurology, Psychiatry, and Child Abuse.
- Board Eligible/Board Certified - American Board of Neurological Surgery
- Fellowship in Pediatric Neurosurgery preferred
- Have a valid Pennsylvania Medical License or ability to obtain one
Benefits & Perks:
- Highly Competitive compensation with a superb benefits package
- Low-cost health insurance for employees and their families
- Generous CME reimbursement allowance and CME days
- Top-tier retirement programs
- Malpractice Insurance with Tail Coverage
- Relocation Assistance
At LVHN, our core values: Compassion, Integrity, Collaboration and Excellence, guide our decision making and behaviors. We bring our values to life through our actions and commitment to an inclusive and equitable workplace in which everyone feels like they belong and utilize their full potential. That is how each of our 19,000 colleagues create exceptional experiences in a safe and secure environment for our patients and their loved ones, and for one another.
Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) is a large nonprofit health system in eastern Pennsylvania with 19,000 colleagues, over 1,300 beds across 5 full service hospital campuses, 2,900 medical staff, 200 outpatient practices, and an academic environment with 25 fully accredited, free standing residency and fellowship programs. Our physicians are eligible for faculty appointment with our academic partner - the University of South Florida. LVHN has been consistently ranked among America’s Top Hospitals for over 20 years.
Lehigh Valley area:
The Lehigh Valley is a beautiful region in Eastern Pennsylvania which is located 1 hour north of Philadelphia & 1.5 hours west of New York City! This reasonable cost of living area consists of historic cities such as Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton and numerous small towns. The region is home to outstanding public and private schools, ten colleges and universities, safe neighborhoods, music festivals, minor league sport teams and a strong economy! To learn more about the Lehigh Valley visit: www.discoverlehighvalley.com
For more information, call 484-862-3226 or email your CV to Michael Pasquale, MD, Chair of Surgery, Lehigh Valley Health Network, c/o Mark.Payson@lvhn.org.
Apply for Neurosurgery - Pediatric and Epilepsy (Eastern Pennsylvania)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly