The Iowa City Department of Veterans Affairs Health Care System (VA), in conjunction with the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Division of Cardiology in the Department of Internal Medicine, is seeking a part-time Cardiologist to be appointed 5/8th VA (25 hours per week) 3/8th appointment with the University.
- You will be a valued member of our team of highly motivated, energetic cardiologists and midlevel providers and interact with cardiology fellows.
- Provide consult and other inpatient services at the University of Iowa, affiliated outreach sites, and the ICVAHCS, including nights and weekends, and required night call.
- Act as a primary cardiology provider for a large population with diverse cardiac diseases, with a particular focus on heart failure and pulmonary hypertension.
- In addition to general cardiology clinics, our cardiology services include echocardiography, invasive and interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, and a heart failure clinic.
- Provide a significant role in our heart failure program, which requires advanced training in the management of advanced heart failure, pulmonary hypertension, and care of post-cardiac transplant patients.
Work Schedule: The Iowa City VA Medical Center is an acute care facility operating 24 hours a day 7 days a week. While most tours of duty are scheduled during the day, the possibility of "on-call" and working evenings, nights and weekends does exist. "On call" and shift changes, will be considered based on patient and facility needs.
Preferred Experience: Board Certified/Eligible in Cardiovascular Medicine. Fellowship training in Cardiovascular Medicine, as well as advanced fellowship training in Heart Failure. Eligible for appointment to the faculty of the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine in the Division of Cardiology.