Chief Medical Officer (CMO) - Westside Regional
HCA Healthcare offers an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Founded in 1974, Westside Regional Medical Center has evolved into an award-winning 250-bed hospital that is recognized for providing a wide array of services to the residents of Broward County, South Florida and visitors from around the world. We are continuously expanding and bringing on the latest technology that enables us to provide leading edge services to the population we serve.
The Facility Chief Medical Officer (CMO) ensures high quality, patient-centered care by leading clinical and quality initiatives that support the provision of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the hospital. The CMO provides senior-level leadership to the infection control, risk management, safety, and medical staff credentialing functions, ensuring the collaboration and coordination of all stakeholders in these processes. The CMO facilitates the analysis of quality performance and prioritization improvement opportunities and consults on an array of issues involving physicians. The CMO also contributes to overall hospital strategy and service line development to ensure quality management and promote optimum patient experience.
- Leads clinical performance expectations that support the goals of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the facility to ensure superior clinical outcomes and unparalleled patient experience.
- Works with Hospital Chief Medical Officers, Chief Executive Officers, medical staffs, and Boards of Directors to improve the functionality and effectiveness of the hospital medical staff organization.
- Partners with medical staffs and hospital management teams, facilitating teamwork and shared goals. Represents medical staff viewpoints to management and relays management viewpoints to medical staff by establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships between HCA leadership and community and/or employed physicians.
- Provides clinical support and consultation regarding cost-effective clinical resource management in the facilities by sharing reports and recommendations regarding how to reduce the variable cost per case while maintaining and enhancing clinical effectiveness.
- Creates a data-driven environment of quality and cost improvement, and develops systems to review utilization of resources and objectively measure outcomes of care in the inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Serves as a direct liaison between HCA-affiliated physicians and facility/corporate clinical services functions.
- Establishes and maintains an ongoing program to orient and develop management expertise for Hospital Chiefs of Staff, Medical Executive Committees, and other medical staff leaders by providing oversight and leadership for all medical education programs.
- Leads educational sessions and provides ongoing in-service programs to facility medical staff regarding clinical resource management, appropriate documents standards, utilization and quality issues, and quality improvement activities, in collaboration with the Chief of Staff or other clinical leadership in the facility.
- Assembles regional physician advisory panels to provide ongoing feedback to HCA senior management, and serves as a liaison between committees and facility/corporate leadership, as well as to affiliated physicians.
- Serves as spokesperson to HCA hospitals and affiliated physicians to explain and obtain buy in for corporate-, group-, and facility-sponsored clinical initiatives.
- Collaborates daily with other facility and corporate CMOs.
- Educates physicians on HCA clinical technologies.
- Collaborates with HPG and Supply Chain on formulary and supply opportunities.
Medical Staff Affairs
- Develops, implements and monitors disruptive physician/impaired physician policies. As needed, provides oversight for intervention programs in the region.
- Provides recommendations in the development and/or revision of hospital policies and procedures pertinent to the medical staff and medical staff affairs.
- Serves as a consultant to hospital Medical Staff Services regarding physician credentialing, utilization, and quality profiling. Serves as a member of hospital’s peer review committees as requested
Education & Experience:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) required
- Master's degree in business or related field preferred
- 10+ years of experience in clinical practice required
- Experience as a CMO (or equivalent) in a large, complex hospital or regional health system preferred
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
- Board Certified Physician required
- State medical board licensed required
Apply for Chief Medical Officer (CMO) - Westside Regional
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly