Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) - Henrico
HCA, a Fortune 100 company with more than 250,000 employees, is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, operating over 180 locally managed hospitals and over 120 freestanding surgery centers in 19 states and the United Kingdom. With its founding in 1968, HCA created a new model for hospital care in the United States, using combined resources to strengthen hospitals, deliver patient-focused care and improve the practice of medicine. HCA is a learning healthcare system that uses more than 27 million annual patient encounters to advance science, improve patient care and save lives. HCA has been named one of the world's most ethical companies for eight years in a row. At HCA, we are driven by a single goal: the care and improvement of human life.
The largest medical facility in the region, Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center (EIRMC) is a modern, Joint Commission-accredited, 318-bed full-service hospital located in Idaho Falls.
EIRMC serves as the region’s healthcare hub, including the state's only Burn Center, the region's only Level I ICU, Level III NICU, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, and a Level II Trauma Center.
Henrico Doctors’ Hospital is a 340-bed community hospital located in Richmond, Virginia. Your healthcare is our top priority here, and we continually strive to provide the highest level of care and latest technology to fulfill that healthcare promise to you and your family.
- Strategizes and drives process improvements focused on innovative care delivery and/or operational models designed to improve clinical services, outcomes, patient throughput, and patient safety.
- Promotes the use and implementation of technology in the workplace in order to streamline operations, facilitate communications, and optimize work processes.
- Collaborates with other disciplines for the implementation of programs, policies, and procedures that address how patient care needs of the patient population served are assessed, met, and evaluated.
- Serves as a member of the executive leadership team, building and supporting effective collegial relationships with applicable internal and external constituents and stakeholders and ensuring optimal operating effectiveness and strategic positioning.
- Assumes an active role with the hospital’s governing body, senior leadership, medical staff, management, and other clinical leaders in the hospital’s decision-making structure and process.
- Promotes relationships among all types of community organizations to improve patient outcomes and the health of the communities served.
- Establishes mechanisms to assure nurses throughout the organization are involved in shared–governance and decision-making structures and processes that establish standards of practice and address issues of concern.
- Assures the flow of information and decision-making is bi-directional and horizontal between and among professional nurses at the bedside, the leadership team, and the CNO.
- Bachelor’s Degree Nursing and Master’s Degree in related field required
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation required
- Specialty certification in Executive Nursing Practice or Healthcare Administration preferred
- Member of American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) preferred
- Member of American Organization of Nurse Executives (AONE) preferred
- 5 plus years of experience in clinical nurse management
Apply for Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) - Henrico
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly