Associate Laboratory Director/Vice Chairman
BronxCare Health System is the largest voluntary, not-for-profit health care system serving the South and Central Bronx, with 972 beds at two major hospital divisions, and an extensive network of medical practices that provide more than one million visits annually. The Department of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine at BronxCare Health System is seeking qualified candidates for the position of of Associate Laboratory Director/Vice Chairman. Within commuting distance from NYC, CT, and NJ, the hospital offers a generous income package, outstanding benefits including 26 vacation/personal days, retirement plan, and full malpractice coverage. Academic appointment to the Icahn School of Medicine is available.
- Assist in the clinical oversight of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine.
- Assist in communication, training, competency assessment and on-going compliance with requirements and standards of mandating governing agencies. (JCAHO, NYSDOH, CAP, etc.)
- Responsible to review all laboratory policy and procedure manuals to ensure that they are current and accurate as delegated by the Director/Chairman.
- Collaborate in the supervision of Quality Management activities.
- Assist in ensuring that proficiency tests are performed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Aid in the supervision of the clinical Laboratory Supervisors.
- Help in the oversight of the activities of the Pathologists, Pathologist Assistants (PA’s) and Cytotechnologists.
- Assist the Director/Chairman in ensuring that all employees of the laboratory are appropriately certified.
- Maintain regular attendance at internal and external leadership meetings as assigned or in the absence of the Director/ Chairman.
- Participate in training programs as required.
- Develop effective working relationships and solutions to interdepartmental issues with other Chiefs of Service, Staff and Nursing, where appropriate.
- Perform Frozen Sections on intraoperative specimens
- Perform macroscopic(grossing) and microscopic examinations of tissue samples (large & small biopsies).
- Perform microscopic examinations for GYN and Non-GYN Cytopathology specimens.
- Assist in the oversight of Autopsy and Morgue Services.
- Supervise and teach residents and medical students
Applicants must have a minimum of five years of experience, hold a valid license to practice Medicine in the State of New York, be Board Certified in AP/CP, and hold a NYS COQ to act as a Laboratory Director. A Fellowship in Cytopathology, Hematopathology or Immunopathology is preferred.