Physician - Vice Chief, Quality and Safety, Women & Infants
CONFIDENTIAL POSITION SPECIFICATION
Vice Chief, Quality and Safety, Women & Infants
Acclaim Physician Group, a partner with JPS Health Network
Fort Worth, TX
Reporting Relationship Sr. Physician Executive, Women & Infants
Reports to the Senior Physician Executive Women and Infants/Chair OB/Gyn. Provides leadership necessary to execute clinical quality, performance improvement and enhances the patient experience within the Women and Infants Service Line and Department of OB/GYN. This position is responsible for collaborating on, partnering with,, organizing, managing, coordinating, and implementing service line clinical quality improvement and patient safety initiatives.
The Vice Chief facilitates quality improvement teams across operational and clinical staff, working to improve the patient experience and ensuring quality and patient satisfaction/experience endeavors within the department align with Acclaim and JPS Health Network (JPS). The Vice Chief will also provide oversight for the design of dashboards, clinical outcomes, process measures, and targets for improvement. He/she will interpret, analyze, and disseminate data from internal and external data sources, including clinical registries. Serves as the Maternal Medical Director (MMD) and actively participates in Neonatal/Perinatal Quality Assurance & Performance Improvement (QAPI) Programs and provides oversight to the Maternal Levels of Care Program.
The Vice Chief has a broad area of clinical and administrative influence and works collaboratively with other management and physician leaders to support achieving the strategic goals of Acclaim and JPS. Goals include continuous performance improvement of individual practitioner performance, practice site performance, clinical quality, patient experience, physician and staff satisfaction, population health management, medical education, and community partnering. The Vice Chief also participates in numerous leadership forums designed to promote constructive collaboration across the system with and between JPS Health Network and Acclaim.
The Vice Chiefs duties include, without limitation, the following administrative and consultative services to be provided within their clinic/clinical area and or service line:
- Serve as a medical consultant for staff in the clinic and other clinical or administrative areas as designated by the Executive Leadership.
- Serves as the Maternal Medical Director completing annual continuing education specific to maternal care, including complicated conditions.
- Oversees and develops the Quality Assurance & Performance Improvement (QAPI) Program, including policies for ensuring that QAPI activities are given high priority in the overall management of facility operations.
- Assist in establishing patient care policies, procedures, and standards in collaboration with the District personnel and Executive Leadership.
- Assists with data collection, submission of regulatory measures, tracking, and reporting. Critically appraises data and implements findings in patient care decisions.
- Ensures neonatal/perinatal data integrity through clinical review and verification of medical records.
- Facilitate the ongoing commitment to medical and clinical improvement with other physicians within the clinic/clinical area and service line.
- Participate in the development of care pathways and protocols for patients.
- Assist Executive Leadership and others as designated by the Executive Leadership in developing strategic plans for the efficient and effective operation of the clinic/clinical area and or service line.
- Be accountable for the quality management and utilization review pertinent to physicians and physician teams related to the clinic/clinical area and or service line.
- Current Medical Doctor (M.D) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) degree from an accredited school of medicine.
- Board Certification in Obstetrics and Gynecology with additional training and experience providing care to critically ill pregnant patients.
- A minimum of five (5) years of leadership experience in a hospital or health system of notable size and complexity
- A track record of delivering strong operating results in mission-driven organizations, particularly in those serving vulnerable and Medicaid populations. Demonstrated ability to grow revenues, meet budgets, measure and improve outcomes, and take appropriate business risks to achieve goals.
- A history of academic achievement through excellence in teaching and research, as demonstrated by publications in high impact journals and peer-reviewed research of consequence. Direct experience teaching medical students and residents
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or Economics.
- Board Certification in Maternal Fetal Medicine.
Apply for Physician - Vice Chief, Quality and Safety, Women & Infants
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly