Chief Medical Officer (CMO)
HCA Healthcare offers an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Memorial Hospital of Tampa, a 183 licensed bed facility and a member of HCA West Florida Division, has been providing comprehensive healthcare services for residents of south Tampa for more than 40 years. The 183-bed acute care hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission and provides 24-hour Emergency Care, Behavioral Healthcare, Cardiovascular Services, General Surgery and Imaging & Diagnostic Services. Other specialized services include an accredited Diagnostic Sleep Lab, Digestive Health, Digital Mammography, Health 4 Seniors, Interventional Radiology, Inpatient & Outpatient Physical Rehabilitation, Robotic Surgery, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, Speech & Language Services, Weight Loss/Bariatric Surgery, Women’s Health, Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine. Memorial Hospital is certified by the Joint Commission as an Advanced Primary Stroke Center.
The Facility Chief Medical Officer (CMO) ensures high quality, patient-centered care by leading clinical and quality initiatives that support the provision of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the hospital.
- Leads clinical performance expectations that support the goals of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the facility to ensure superior clinical outcomes and unparalleled patient experience.
- Works with Hospital Chief Medical Officers, Chief Executive Officers, medical staffs, and Boards of Directors to improve the functionality and effectiveness of the hospital medical staff organization.
- Partners with medical staffs and hospital management teams, facilitating teamwork and shared goals. Represents medical staff viewpoints to management and relays management viewpoints to medical staff by establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships between HCA leadership and community and/or employed physicians.
- Provides clinical support and consultation regarding cost-effective clinical resource management in the facilities by sharing reports and recommendations regarding how to reduce the variable cost per case while maintaining and enhancing clinical effectiveness.
- Creates a data-driven environment of quality and cost improvement, and develops systems to review utilization of resources and objectively measure outcomes of care in the inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Serves as a direct liaison between HCA-affiliated physicians and facility/corporate clinical services functions.
- Establishes and maintains an ongoing program to orient and develop management expertise for Hospital Chiefs of Staff, Medical Executive Committees, and other medical staff leaders by providing oversight and leadership for all medical education programs.
- Leads educational sessions and provides ongoing in-service programs to facility medical staff regarding clinical resource management, appropriate documents standards, utilization and quality issues, and quality improvement activities, in collaboration with the Chief of Staff or other clinical leadership in the facility.
- Assembles regional physician advisory panels to provide ongoing feedback to HCA senior management, and serves as a liaison between committees and facility/corporate leadership, as well as to affiliated physicians.
- Serves as spokesperson to HCA hospitals and affiliated physicians to explain and obtain buy in for corporate-, group-, and facility-sponsored clinical initiatives.
- Collaborates daily with other facility and corporate CMOs.
- Educates physicians on HCA clinical technologies.
- Collaborates with HPG and Supply Chain on formulary and supply opportunities.
Apply for Chief Medical Officer (CMO)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly