HEART FAILURE SPECIALIST - ACADEMIC CARDIOLOGIST
AT THE END OF THE DAY…This is where YOU want to BE!
The Division of Cardiovascular Medicine at the University of Arizona - Phoenix in partnership with Banner University Medical Center - Phoenix, AZ (BUMC-P) is recruiting a BC/BE Heart Failure Specialist with proven and respected leadership skills to support the continued growth of the Advanced Heart Failure Program with Banner University Medicine. This rapidly growing CMS certified MCS and heart transplant program in need of physician champions for expansion.
Responsibilities and qualifications include:
- Integration and alignment of all clinical and academic assets of Banner Health and the University of Arizona College of Medicine (Phoenix campus) to develop a highly differentiated and reliable value-based delivery model for the Heart Failure and Transplant population-focused around cardiovascular academic medicine
- Accountability for quality-safety activities through alignment/collaboration with Banner Health’s Clinical
- Board Certified/ Board Eligible in Heart Failure
- Experienced in MCS management that includes left ventricular assist devices (LVAD) and Total artificial hearts (TAH)
- Ability to support a heart failure inpatient and outpatient program and outreach
- Willingness to take part in academic teaching involving medical students, residents, and cardiology fellows
The time commitment for this position is expected to be 100% Clinical Faculty with the ability to negotiate research time or teaching time, depending on level of experience and current research funding. Candidate selection approved through Academic Medical Council (shared Phoenix/Tucson Executive Leadership Board. Compensation is determined by a blend of AAMC and MGMA (FMV).
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.