Deputy Chief of Staff
Advise the Chief of Staff on the following:
- Strategic planning for the establishment of care models that promote wellness and health maintenance, clinical excellence, predictability, patient satisfaction and cost efficiency and effectiveness.
- Advancing the objectives of continuously improving patient care and promoting research and medical education.
- Effective management in periods of crisis or change.
- Achieving defined and measurable objectives.
- Excelling in collaboration and partnership with a larger network of health care providers.
- Recruitment of staff, clinical service chiefs, and ACOSs.
- Development of new programs of excellence and strengthening those that already exist.
- Serve as liaison to the academic affiliate on issues related to patient care, teaching and research.
- Provide administrative supervision of site specific service chiefs and ACOSs who are under the direction of the Chief of Staff.
- Provide oversight for day-to-day operational and medical decisions.
- Participate in VISN-2-level committees and task groups.
Work Schedule:M-F 8:00AM-4:30PM (No Call)
Financial Disclosure Report:Not required
Education and length of practice are considered through a formal pay-setting process to determine the final compensable salary (Base Pay + Market PayTravel Required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.Supervisory status
- Job family (Series)
0602 Medical Officer
- U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
Conditions of Employment
Applicants pending the completion of educational or certification/licensure requirements may be referred and tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements are met.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Physical Requirements:Work is mostly sedentary in nature. Work requires moderate lifting, walking, bending, stooping, standing, pushing, and pulling.Education
Note:Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here:http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit:http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Apply for Deputy Chief of Staff
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly