Physician (Pulmonary/Sleep Medicine)
Duties are to include, but not limited to:
- Round on hospitalized patients, attending in clinics, writing of prescription medications, writing for consultative services, diet instruction, and other physician-driven or exclusive decisions.
- Provide evaluations and treatment recommendations including orders for hospitalized patient.
- Provide on-phone coverage (on-call hours) during times when the provider is not present on campus to include holidays, night, and weekends.
- Apply national and VA guidelines to patient screening, surveillance and management of such diseases.
- Must be proficient in routine and advanced bronchoscopy procedures, including EBUS and navigational bronchoscopy.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule:Monday - Friday, 8:00 A.M. - 4:30 P.M., with potential for some weekends, as well as on-call coverage; however, subject to change, depending on the needs of the service/medical center.
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive:May be authorized for highly qualified candidates.
Financial Disclosure Report:Not required
Selectee may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program. For additional information, please reach out toVISN5CCOEStaff@va.gov.Travel Required
Not requiredSupervisory status
- Job family (Series)
0602 Medical Officer
- U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
Conditions of Employment
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Reference:VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements:Lifting and carrying (up to 45 lbs.); pushing or pulling (1 hour); reaching above shoulder; use of fingers; both hands required; walking (up to 4 hours); standing (up to 4 hours); repeated bending (up to 2 hours); ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; near vision correctable at 13" to 16" to Jaeger 1 to 4; far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other eye; hearing (aid permitted); clear speech; mental and emotional stability.Education
Note:Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here:http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit:http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Apply for Physician (Pulmonary/Sleep Medicine)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly