Physician (Chief of Medicine)
The VA Northeast Ohio Healthcare System (VANEOHCS), a major teaching affiliate of Case Western Reserve University, is seeking an exceptional clinician, board certified in internal medicine, to serve as Service Chief of the Medical Service. Under the broad supervision of the Chief of Staff, the Chief of Medicine will be responsible for oversight and clinical operations of a broad array of inpatient and outpatient medical subspecialties located throughout both the main campus, and associated community-based outpatient clinics.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate extensive and progressive executive leadership experience, both as a clinician, as an educator, and researcher. S/he should possess the ability to promote innovation, inspire organizational excellence, and to build and sustain multidisciplinary teams. THE VANEOHCS is the largest VA facility in Ohio, serving over 112,000 Veterans through its inpatient facility, 13 Community Based Outpatient Clinics, Ambulatory Surgery Center, off site Dialysis Center and 3 vet centers. THE VANEOHCS ranks as one of the most complex VHA facilities nationally and serves as a Level 1a Tertiary Care Referral Hospital. It is an academic medical center providing a full range of patient care services, with state-of-the-art technology, medical education and research.
Ideal candidates will be board certified physicians in Internal Medicine and/or a relevant medical subspecialty and must qualify for appointment to the CWRU School of Medicine at the Associate Professor or Professor level S/he must have significant mentoring and executive level management experience in clinical/administrative settings, ,a strong track record of academic performance and demonstrated operations and planning experience in the tertiary care environment.
Work Schedule:Monday - Friday, Administrative hours
Financial Disclosure Report:Not required
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive: May be available for highly qualified candidateTravel Required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.Supervisory status
- Job family (Series)
0602 Medical Officer
- U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
Conditions of Employment
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement, 09/30/2020..
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine or relevant Medical Subspecialty
- Qualify for appointment to the CWRU School of Medicine at the Associate Professor or Professor level.
- Significant mentoring and executive level management experience in clinical/administrative settings, a strong track record of academic performance and demonstrated operations and planning experience in the tertiary care environment.
Physical Requirements:The Physical Requirements of this position are concerned with the mental and physical ability of the applicant to satisfactorily perform the duties of the proposed assignment and may include requisite laboratory and other screening as required by Federal regulatory agencies.Education
Note:Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here:http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit:http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Apply for Physician (Chief of Medicine)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly