Physician/Associate Chief Of Staff (Medicine)
- Clinical oversight and administrative management of the Specialty Service Line (SSL).
- Collaborates with SSL service chiefs to ensure integrated goals and priorities are established and met.
- Demonstrates sound interpersonal skills, decision making, teamwork and solid leadership, responsible for all residency, intern, and fellowship training programs in medicine.
- Provides oversight of the medicine residents, Medical Students, administrative and clinical responsibilities that impact patient care. effective and efficient clinical operations, access, consult management, mortality and other pertinent SAIL performance metrics.
- Oversee all aspects of the medicine services including budget and fiscal management, human resource management, strategic planning, and program development.
- Collaborates with other service chiefs in the development and execution of the overall Medical Center strategic and business plan.
Not requiredSupervisory status
- Job family (Series)
0602 Medical Officer
- U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
Conditions of Employment
Applicants pending the completion of educational or certification/licensure requirements may be referred and tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements are met.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Reference:VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements:Moderate lifting (15-44 pounds), light lifting (under 15 pounds), moderate carrying (15-44 pounds), light carrying (under 15 pounds), pushing 4 hours, reaching above shoulder, use of fingers, both hands required, walking 2 hours, standing 8 hours, near vision correctable at 13" to 16" to Jaeger 1 to 4, far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other, hearing (aid permitted), mental and emotional stability.Education
Note:Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here:http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit:http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Apply for Physician/Associate Chief Of Staff (Medicine)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly