All physicians will be board eligible/board certified in Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine or Family Practice. Each physician will have established and maintain professional relationships within Medical Service, and with other services and facility management which result in improved patient care.
- Serves as acting chief of the section (if appropriate), as needed.
- Provides guidance and support to the nurse practitioners assigned to Medical Service in their respective areas of expertise.
- Participates in and attends medical center committees as assigned by the ACOS of Primary Care and the Chief of Staff
- Revises work schedules and assignments on short notice to meet frequent, abrupt, and unpredictable changes in prescribed workloads and deadlines.
- Participates in various facility programs designed to enhance and improve the delivery of patient care services, such as Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) teams, as assigned by ACOS of Primary Care or designee.
- Demonstrates commitment to high quality customer service, including specific measures identified as performance goals by the Medical Center.
- Annually develops and evaluates professional and personal goals.
- Identifies individual professional learning needs and participates in formal programs, workshops, seminars, conferences, as well as self directed learning activities, completes facility wide mandatory education yearly.
- Provides quality patient-centered patient care to both inpatients and outpatients for adults age 18-65 and older adults age 65+ as assigned by ACOS of PC Service or designee.
- Has approved clinical privileges in the areas of his/her expertise and in all areas required to carry out the duties of his/her assignments/responsibilities within Primary Care Services.
- Demonstrate sound decision making skills, both clinical and administrative, which bring credit to the profession and serve to enhance the distinctive and contributory role of physicians.
- Participates as a peer reviewer process when requested.
- Participates in multidisciplinary activities involving the treatment plan and discharge plans of patients.
Work Schedule:Various hours for 24/7 coverage to include Nights, Weekends, Holidays
Financial Disclosure Report:Not requiredTravel Required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.Supervisory status
- Job family (Series)
0602 Medical Officer
- Family Practice PhysiciansInternal Medicine PhysiciansPhysicians, All OtherPhysicians, Family PracticePhysicians, Internal Medicine
- U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
Conditions of Employment
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement, 01/31/2021.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Physical Requirements:Walking, bending, stooping, and some lifting in the direct care of patients. There may also be extended periods of sitting.Education
Note:Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here:http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit:http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Apply for Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly