Medical Breast Specialist Summa Health Akron, Ohio
Summa Health is seeking a Medical Breast Specialist to join our employed physician group in our NAPBC accredited breast program. We are looking for a highly motivated and team oriented physician to work collaboratively with our 3 breast surgeons and 2 APPs to help expand our services, including our High Risk Breast Clinic, to ensure access, quality and timely breast care.
Summa Health is a leader in cancer treatment with nationally recognized cancer centers throughout Northeast Ohio. Summa treats more than 100 cancer types, specializing in lung, breast, colorectal, gynecological and orthopedic. Summa s cancer centers are fully accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer. In addition, Summa is one of only two major health systems in Northeast Ohio to earn the prestigious American College of Radiation (ACR) accreditation in radiation oncology. In 2015, Summa Health opened a new Dr. Gary B. and Pamela S. Williams Center for Breast Health at Summa Health Akron Campus and became the only healthcare system in the region to offer 3D and 2D screening and diagnostic mammograms at all of its imaging locations.
Our Cancer Institute received the 2017 Commission on Cancer (CoC) Outstanding Achievement Award (OAA) that recognizes cancer programs that strive for excellence in demonstrating compliance with the CoC standards and are committed to ensuring high quality cancer care. Summa Health is one of a few cancer centers in Ohio to meet quality measures for medical oncology from the American Society of Clinical Oncology s Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI).
The selected candidate will become a member of Summa Health Medical Group, a multi-specialty group practice of 350+ physicians employed by the Summa Health System. Summa Health headquartered in Akron, Ohio is one of the largest integrated Healthcare Delivery Systems in the state. With 2 hospitals and 20+ health centers, Summa Health provides access to care throughout the region.
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or OB/GYN with interest in breast health
- Interest or additional training in genetics is desirable, but not required
- Unrestricted Ohio License or willingness to obtain
- New graduates welcome
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to quality care in a patient centered, team-based environment
- Provide full time clinical care in our comprehensive breast center
- Participate in the breast multi-disciplinary clinic and support the APP in the high risk clinic
- 2 APP to support both the survivorship and high risk clinics
- Support of 3 breast surgeons in the clinic
- Work closely with our 7 medical oncologists and 4 radiation oncologists
- Strong coordination of care with the hospital nurse navigators, radiologists, etc.
- Members of our breast imaging team are fellowship trained radiologists utilizing the latest imaging technology including tomosynthesis, ultrasound, MRI, radioactive seed placements, stereotactic biopsy and image guided biopsy
- Support from the Summa Cancer Care Institute leaders related to quality and growth
- Monday-Friday outpatient schedule to allow for exceptional work/life balance
- Candidate will step into a busy practice immediately
- Robust imaging on site
- Opportunity to work with medical students and residents
- Potential for clinical trials and research
- Epic System s EMR
Rising from the rolling hills of the Western Reserve along the Ohio & Erie Canal, Akron is a vital heartland city at the center of multiple major transportation routes and only 40 minutes from Cleveland. Akron is surrounded by lush greenery and adjacent to Cuyahoga Valley National Park. In 2015, Forbes Magazine named Akron, Ohio as one of America s 20 most affordable cities. The downtown hosts a vibrant arts scene and world class shopping. Northeast Ohio offers many quality primary and secondary education options.
EOE/AA Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Summa Health is a tobacco-free workplace and has a nicotine-free hiring policy.
Apply for Medical Breast Specialist Summa Health Akron, Ohio
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly