Maternal Fetal Medicine and Obstetrics Medical Director
Sparrow Medical Group (SMG) is a large multispecialty group that delivers exceptional patient care and is the premiere physician organization in a diverse and family friendly community. Sparrow Health System with SMG are committed to improving access to medical care across the Mid-Michigan region. The SMG Maternal Fetal Medical service at Sparrow Hospital is expanding clinical services and is seeking an enthusiastic, dedicated, full-time Medical Director, Maternal Fetal Medicine/Obstetrics to join its program in Lansing, Michigan.
- Function as the lead physician for Maternal Fetal Medicine and Obstetrical care, responsible for the leadership, quality of care, financial integrity and physician/provider development within the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Work directly with physician and nursing leaders to create, review, and monitor policies and practices on Labor and Delivery, OB triage, mother-baby floor, and OB special care unit.
- In collaboration (dyad leadership) with the Directors of Women’s Services and Sparrow Leadership, recruit, select, oversee and develop into a high functioning multidisciplinary team, individuals to manage performance and resources to achieve strategic priorities and high-quality clinical outcomes through the promotion of Lean principles and continuous improvement.
- Monitor quality metrics and drive changes in clinical practice to meet/exceed goals
- Collaborate with physician leaders from Neonatology, Obstetrical Anesthesia, Family Medicine, and Obstetrics on implementation of clinical best practices
- In collaboration with other SMG specialty divisions, develop and implement programs and processes to promote physician and provider well-being and engagement.
- Provide oversight to physician and advanced practice providers (APP) performance and assist in coaching and the development of performance improvement plans where appropriate.
- Participate in the education of the 16 Ob/Gyn Resident physicians in both administrative and clinical activities
- 4200 deliveries per year, Level 3 Neonatal ICU
- 50 percent administrative responsibilities and 50 percent clinical
- Reports to the Chief Medical Officer of Sparrow Hospital
- Current physician leadership experience
- Minimum of five years of clinical practice experience
- Medical license and board certification in Maternal Fetal Medicine
Position is hospital-employed and offers:
- Excellent compensation and benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage
- Relocation assistance, 401(k) with matching funds, generous CME benefits
- Malpractice insurance that includes tail coverage
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Apply for Maternal Fetal Medicine and Obstetrics Medical Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly