Abdominal Transplant Surgeon
Founded in 1866 as the Jewish Hospital, Einstein Healthcare Network (EHN), its physicians and its staff have been leaders in medicine for over 150 years. Today EHN is a $1.2 billion growth oriented, not-for-profit health system, anchored by the largest independent academic medical center in Philadelphia. Included in the network are Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia ,the primary tertiary (level 1 trauma) and teaching hospital in the city, the world-renowned Moss Rehabilitation Hospital at Elkins Park (the #1rehabiiilitation hospital in the state, Einstein Medical Center Montgomery, a newly built (2013) state-of-the art hospital in Montgomery county, Einstein Medical Center Elkins Park, a community hospital that also houses select surgical specialty programs, Willowcrest skilled nursing facility, Einstein Care Partners (ACO) and 3 physician companies with over 550 employed physicians. The network employs over 8,500 people, cares for over 42,000 admissions, 160,000 ED visits, 780,000 outpatient visits, and performs approximately 70 transplants per year in the kidney and pancreas programs.
The Department of Transplantation at Einstein Healthcare Network is seeking a full-time abdominal transplant surgeon.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Patient management (inpatient and outpatient for pre- and post-transplant patients) assessment for transplant, and immunosuppression management.
- Performing clinical activities relative to adult kidney and pancreas transplant surgery including:
- transplant nephrectomy, laparoscopic living donor nephrectomy, laparoscopic surgery in transplant candidates, and also participate in liver transplants.
- A general surgery caseload with:
- vascular access cases and other abdominal general surgery work
- Participating in strategic planning for the continued growth of the program, participation in the quality assurance and performance improvement initiatives and engagement in research activities.
- Familiarity with UNOS and CMS transplant regulations is a requirement
- A focus on kidney transplant
- New graduates may be considered on a case by case basis.
c/o Tracy Drufovka
Radi F. Zaki, MD
Robert G. Somers MD, Chair Department of Surgery
Co-Chairman, Department of Digestive Disease and Transplantation
Director, Division of Liver Transplant Surgery
Albert Einstein Medical Center, 5401 Old York Road, Klein Suite 505
Philadelphia, PA 19141
- 0-5 years of experience
- Understand the intricacies of building a successful kidney transplant program
- Have a demonstrated track record of clinical excellence and academic contributions
- MD/DO From an Accredited US Medical School or foreign equivalent
- Successful completion of an ACGME accredited General Surgery residency
- Successful completion of an ACGME accredited Transplant fellowship
- Ability to Obtain a PA medical license
- Necessary certifications as required
- Salary Commensurate with Experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
- Pension Plan, 403(b), 457, Structured Portfolio Investment Plans
- PTO (32)
- CME (5), $3000 Allowance
- Sick Leave (12)
- Long-Term Disability
- Malpractice Insurance w/ Tail
- Life Insurance
- Verizon / AT&T Discount 22%
Philadelphia is a vibrant and diverse city with vast amount of culture and history. With Washington D.C. and New York in close proximity, Philadelphia is an affordable city in the Northeastern United States. Philadelphia offers world class educational institutions, medical facilities, museums, entertainment, sports venues and restaurants.Please Google the following websites:
- Visit Philadelphia – Provides information on events, restaurants, hotels, museums, music, performing arts and historic sites in and around the city.
- City of Philadelphia – The official website of the city of Philadelphia offers information about resident services, property, licenses, permits, utilities and city-wide initiatives.
- PHL Diversity – Showcases the city’s vibrant multicultural communities by providing multicultural events, exhibits, restaurants, places of worship and organizations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply for Abdominal Transplant Surgeon
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly