Attending Physician - Pathology/ Lab Pathology
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County, located in the heart of Brooklyn, accommodate more than 518,076 outpatient visits, more than 141,328 emergency room visits, and with 627 beds, more than 25,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains a strong academic affiliation with SUNY Downstate Medical Center in order to maintain its high standards of healthcare delivery.
Kings County is located in the East Flatbush/Prospect-Lefferts section of Brooklyn, close to the 2 and 5 subways. Our patients are diverse, with the majority being afro-Caribbean. Most of our patients are native English speakers. Knowledge of French/Haitian Creole is helpful, but not required.
- Participates in internal/ external quality assurance, performance improvement activities and programs, departmental and team/ committee meetings, and facility- wide activity as needed.
- Take in charge of director's duty during the absence of director, or as needed.
- Supervise and instruct residents/ fellows on service of general surgical/ biopsy, intra-operative consultation, and cytology and complete cases in required TAT at KCHC.
- In charge of transfusion medicine and consultation, as designated by laboratory director.
- Supervise and instruct residents/ fellows performing autopsy and sampling proper and adequate tissue for histology examination, and complete the autopsy report at KCHC in 60 working days.
- Present clinical cases on multi-discipline conference, when needed.
- Participate in pathology residents' teaching.
- Involve in processing of pathology service management and quality improvement activities.
- Serve as faculty member of SUNY at Downstate medical school and engage in medical student teaching, and interview residency/ fellowship candidates.
- Take anatomic pathology/ clinical pathology and autopsy on- call duty.
- Participate in other clinical activities as requested by laboratory.
- Graduate from accredited Medical School
- Completion of accredited residency/ fellowship in the specialty an sub-specialty, and AP/CP and transfusion medicine board certifications, and holding corresponding NYS CQs.
- Licensed to practice Medicine in New York State.
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply for Attending Physician - Pathology/ Lab Pathology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly