Chief Medical Officer (CMO) - Kendall Regional
HCA Healthcare offers an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Kendall Regional Medical Center is a 417-bed, full-service hospital providing the residents of Miami-Dade County with 24-hour comprehensive medical, trauma, surgical, behavioral health and diagnostic services, along with a wide range of patient and community services. Kendall Regional Medical Center has been honored by being nationally recognized with many prestigious awards and accolades, including HealthGrades Top 250 Best Hospitals – Top 5% in the Nation for Clinical Quality, Thomson Reuters 100 Top Hospitals and by the Joint Commission as a "Top Performer" on key quality measures.
The Facility Chief Medical Officer (CMO) ensures high quality, patient-centered care by leading clinical and quality initiatives that support the provision of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the hospital. The CMO provides senior-level leadership to the infection control, risk management, safety, and medical staff credentialing functions, ensuring the collaboration and coordination of all stakeholders in these processes. The CMO facilitates the analysis of quality performance and prioritization improvement opportunities and consults on an array of issues involving physicians. The CMO also contributes to overall hospital strategy and service line development to ensure quality management and promote optimum patient experience.
- Leads clinical performance expectations that support the goals of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the facility to ensure superior clinical outcomes and unparalleled patient experience.
- Works with Hospital Chief Medical Officers, Chief Executive Officers, medical staffs, and Boards of Directors to improve the functionality and effectiveness of the hospital medical staff organization.
- Partners with medical staffs and hospital management teams, facilitating teamwork and shared goals. Represents medical staff viewpoints to management and relays management viewpoints to medical staff by establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships between HCA leadership and community and/or employed physicians.
- Provides clinical support and consultation regarding cost-effective clinical resource management in the facilities by sharing reports and recommendations regarding how to reduce the variable cost per case while maintaining and enhancing clinical effectiveness.
- Creates a data-driven environment of quality and cost improvement, and develops systems to review utilization of resources and objectively measure outcomes of care in the inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Serves as a direct liaison between HCA-affiliated physicians and facility/corporate clinical services functions.
- Establishes and maintains an ongoing program to orient and develop management expertise for Hospital Chiefs of Staff, Medical Executive Committees, and other medical staff leaders by providing oversight and leadership for all medical education programs.
- Leads educational sessions and provides ongoing in-service programs to facility medical staff regarding clinical resource management, appropriate documents standards, utilization and quality issues, and quality improvement activities, in collaboration with the Chief of Staff or other clinical leadership in the facility.
- Assembles regional physician advisory panels to provide ongoing feedback to HCA senior management, and serves as a liaison between committees and facility/corporate leadership, as well as to affiliated physicians.
- Serves as spokesperson to HCA hospitals and affiliated physicians to explain and obtain buy in for corporate-, group-, and facility-sponsored clinical initiatives.
- Collaborates daily with other facility and corporate CMOs.
- Educates physicians on HCA clinical technologies.
- Collaborates with HPG and Supply Chain on formulary and supply opportunities.
Education & Experience:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) required
- Master's degree in business or related field preferred
- 10+ years of experience in clinical practice required
- Experience as a CMO (or equivalent) in a large, complex hospital or regional health system preferred
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
- Board Certified Physician required
- State medical board licensed required
Apply for Chief Medical Officer (CMO) - Kendall Regional
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly