Chief of Radiology
Cooley Dickinson Health Care is a Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) affiliated hospital and medical group in a top small city and college town. The hospital is comprised of a 140 bed, acute care community hospital, and an eleven-practice medical group. This position is mostly hospital-based, but the physician will also spend some time in an ambulatory setting. We are seeking a full-time physician looking to practice general radiology as well as serve as the Chief of the Radiology Department.
- Our ideal candidate will be BC/BE in Radiology.
- The candidate should be able to read all modalities or be willing to train.
- No interventional aside from pre-MRI arthrograms, stereotactic and ultrasound-guided breast biopsy, and thyroid biopsies.
- PET/CT experience or willingness to train preferred.
- No overnight call and limited weekend rotation.
As the Chief of the Radiology department:
- Work collaboratively with Hospital Administration and Director of Imaging Services to plan, implement, and coordinate activities focused on the achievement of excellence in patient care in terms of safety, satisfaction, service, operational effectiveness, and clinical quality
- 20% dedicated administrative time
- Lead a team of 5 FTEs of on-site radiologists and work collaboratively with other Massachusetts General Brigham radiology site leaders responsible for remote reading
About the organization:
Cooley Dickinson Health Care is comprised of the Cooley Dickinson Hospital, Cooley Dickinson Medical Group, and VNA & Hospice. The system s 140-bed hospital annually admits 8600 patients, treats 34,000 emergency patients and delivers approximately 600 babies. The Cooley Dickinson Medical Group (CDMG), the fastest-growing part of the system, consists of approximately 74 physicians and 37 advanced practice clinicians who provide care at 11 locations. The VNA & Hospice averages 56,500 home care visits and serves an average of 400 hospice patients per year. Since 1885, the Cooley Dickinson Health Care system has successfully employed the brightest, most dedicated clinicians in medicine.
About the area:
Northampton, a dynamic arts and five-college community in western Massachusetts, has been named one of the best U.S. destinations for restaurants, theater, galleries, and overall quality of life by Leisure Magazine and other travel writers. It features a vibrant arts and culture scene, great educational opportunities for all ages, and a location convenient to all rural and major metropolitan areas throughout New England including three major cities: Hartford (45 miles), Boston (100 miles), and New York City (150 miles).
It is the policy of Cooley Dickinson Health Care to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Apply for Chief of Radiology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly