Emergency Medicine GME Residency Program Director - El Paso!
Ready for a new challenge? Exciting opportunity to be the founding Program Director for a brand new ACGME Emergency Medicine Residency Program in El Paso, TX. The program is slated to open in July of 2021 and when full will have a complement of 18 residents.
Program Director will be responsible for the general administration, curriculum planning, recruitment, and teaching and supervision of the Emergency Medicine Residency Program ( EM Program or Program ) sponsored by Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. The Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare Graduate Medical Education Program partners with Teamhealth for the staffing and management of the Emergency Department and employment contract is withTeamhealth. The Program Director establishes the strategic direction of the Program and is responsible for the standards, quality and reputation of such. The Program Director is expected to support integration of the EM Program with physician practices and hospital clinical services in a manner that enhances value and quality, and that promotes an optimal environment for professional practice and medical education.
- Board Certification by the ABEM or AOBEM
- Must have previous leadership / administrative experience
- Must be willing to combine Administrative and Diagnostic (teaching) Responsibilities (50/50)
- Have strong administrative and team building skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must possess or be able to obtain Active Texas State Medical License
- Must have a minimum of 3 years Post Residency Specialty Expertise with Documented Educational and/or Administrative Experience (Core Faculty, Associate Program Director, Academic Leadership experience preferred)
- Must be clinically active with ongoing scholarly activity, i.e. peer reviewed publications, research, etc.
Responsibilities of the Program Director are as follows:
- Dedicate 50% FTE to the administrative and educational activities of the educational program
- Protected non-clinical Administrative time = 20% FTE
- Clinical Teaching and Supervision of Residents
- General Administration
- GME Committees/Meetings
- GME Lecturing/Teaching Conferences
- GME Recruiting/Interviewing
- GME Research/Scholarly Activity
- Resident Evaluation/Mentoring
- Program Evaluation
HCA is now the largest provider of Graduate Medical Education for Physician and Surgeons with over 250 academic programs nationwide. With new programs beginning every year and existing programs expanding, we are always in search of physicians with a passion for teaching others. If you are seeking a position as faculty member or program director of an HCA Residency Program, there is no need for endless searching on job boards because the recruitment of academic physicians and surgeons is now centralized. No matter the specialty or location, I am your centralized physician recruiter for ALL academic opportunities in HCA Residency and Fellowship programs nationwide.
Apply for Emergency Medicine GME Residency Program Director - El Paso!
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly