Emergency Medicine Physician
Emergency Medical Associates (EMA), an Envision Physician Services Provider, is seeking Full Time Board Certified/Board Eligible Emergency Medicine physicians to staff the Emergency Department at Samaritan Hospital located in Troy, New York.
Samaritan Hospital is part of St. Peter s Health Partners, a three-hospital system in the Capital Region. Samaritan Hospital received the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association s Get With The Guidelines (GWTG) Stroke Gold Plus Target: Stroke Elite Honor Roll Quality Achievement Award in 2019.
- 238-bed full service community hospital
- Full service capabilities with most specialists represented including critical care, medical/surgical inpatient care, maternity services, pediatrics and behavioral health
- Transfer rate around 1% (PICU, trauma, neurosurgery)
- NY State Accredited Stroke Center
- Cardiac Catheterization Lab
- Responsive, full service lab and radiology are available 24 hours per day
- 24-bed Intensive Care Unit
- Hospitalist service provides care for most medicine admissions
- Emergency Department Profile
- 54,000 annual volume
- 20% admission rate, representing 60% of total hospital admissions
- State-of-the-art new 44 bed ED opened in December, 2017
- In-house behavioral health service
- Physician coverage: 45 hours per day
- APP coverage: 48 hours per day
- APP in Triage 12 hours per day helps efficiently manage patient flow
- Scribe coverage: 48 hours per day
- Meditech EMR moving to EPIC July 2020
- Dragon voice recognition dictation is also utilized
- ED Ultrasound
- Highly regarded ED nursing staff
Troy, NY is a suburb of Albany and is situated just minutes away across the Hudson River. Home to approximately 150,000 residents, Troy, NY itself is host to a number of local businesses and quaint residential communities. The greater Albany area has a population of approximately 750,000. Albany is one of the best-kept secrets in the Northeast. Situated on the eastern border of the state, the area is located at the convergence of the Hudson and Mohawk Rivers, and is a short drive from the Adirondack, Berkshire and Heldeberg Mountains. Albany is the state capital and is host to abundant local culture including several museums, theaters, and the Pepsi Arena. The Saratoga Performing Arts Center is only 30 minutes away. Tanglewood - the summer home for the Boston Symphony Orchestra and the Boston Pops - is only an hour away. The amenities of New York City, Boston and Montreal are also within a 2 - 3 hour drive.
Sports and recreation abound in this thriving community that also boasts the region s most desirable suburbs and schools. Samaritan Hospital is just across from Renssealer Polytechnic Institute, and other respected colleges and universities including Siena College, SUNY-Albany, Sage and Union College are also located in the Capital District area. The new beautiful Albany International Airport is close by and offers direct connections to all major hubs.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
Envision Physician Services is a dynamic physician- and clinician-led organization that has been offering exceptional career opportunities for more than 60 years. With more than 25,000 affiliated clinicians coast-to-coast, Envision Physician Services is nationally recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported by innovation, integration and exceptional leadership.
Whether you are considering full-time, part-time, per diem, employed or independent contractor (site- and specialty-specific) opportunities with Envision Physician Services, you can rest assured you will be working for an organization that delivers unmatched opportunities and resources, including:
- Strong leadership at local, regional and national levels
- Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services
- Optimal staffing ratios with flexible and equitable scheduling options
- A-rated professional liability insurance
- Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast
- Competitive compensation including several benefit options
- Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement
- Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs
- Clinical and scientific research opportunities
*Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status.
Quality people. Quality care. Quality of LIFE.(TM) Envision Physician Services is a national physician-led practice management company. This privately held company provides outsourced clinical department recruitment, staffing, management and billing/collection services for hundreds of hospitals and health systems nationwide.
Known for its unique structure, Envision Physician Services develops local practices, supports them with regionally-located clinical leadership and operational personnel and provides them access to unprecedented national resources. Each Envision Physician Services practice has its own unique culture, but all sites recruit and hire clinicians who share the company's core values of being patient-focused, customer-centered and caregiver-inspired.
Envision Physician Services is a family of companies, each of which has clinical staffing needs. Full-time, part-time, and independent contractor opportunities are available through Envision Physician Services.
Candidates considering a career within the Envision Physician Services family of companies will find a variety of community types (from small towns to major urban areas), practice settings (small hospitals to major academic health systems), job levels (entry level to senior management), and competitive pay with exceptional benefits. Specialties supported include Emergency Medicine, Hospital Medicine, Women s and Children s, Surgery, Anesthesia and Radiology/Teleradiology.
Envision Physician Services is proud to be an EOE/AA employer.
Apply for Emergency Medicine Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly