Emergency Medicine Physician
Emergency Medical Associates (EMA), an Envision Physician Services Provider, is seeking Full Time Board Certified/Board Eligible Emergency Medicine physicians to staff the Emergency Department at Albany Memorial Hospital located in Albany, NY.
Albany Memorial Hospital, part of St. Peter s Health Partners, is celebrating 150 years as a healing presence in the Capital Region. Awards and accolades include accreditation as a Chest Pain Center by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care, for the second time; Designated Stroke Center by the New York State Department of Health; Center for Wound Care & Hyperbaric Medicine accreditation; and is the recipient of the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association s Get With The Guidelines (GWTG) Stroke Silver Plus Quality Achievement Award.
- 30-bed community hospital with ambulatory surgical services
- Renovated, state-of-the-art-facility
- 24/7 Hospitalist service covers Medical/Surgical/Tele Unit and responds to in-house codes
- Top notch radiology program is well staffed, has Tele-radiography for cases after hours, and PAC for digital radiology viewing
- Wound Care Center, hand rehabilitation
- Emergency Department Profile
- 40,000 annual volume
- Broad community pathology that includes minor trauma and moderate medical acuity
- 20 room ED with hard wired monitors and 8 bed fast-track
- 27 hours per day of physician coverage
- 28 hours per day of APP coverage
- 24 hours per day of scribe coverage
- 3% admission rate. Higher Acuity patients are transferred to tertiary centers in town including St. Peter's Hospital
- Meditech EMR moving to EPIC July 2020
- Able to work at all 3 St. Peter's Health Partners Emergency Departments
- Academic affiliation with Albany Medical Center provides rotations for fourth year medical students and PA students affording academic involvement and adjunct faculty appointments for interested EM physicians
- Active EMS program provides medical direction for 9 local squads and conducts ACLS training.
Albany, NY is among the best-kept secrets in the Northeast. This picturesque region is located at the convergence of the Hudson and Mohawk Rivers, and is a short drive from the Adirondack, Berkshire and Heldeberg Mountains. Residents enjoy abundant local culture including museums and the Saratoga Performing Arts Center. Tanglewood - the summer home for the Boston Symphony Orchestra and the Boston Pops - is only an hour away. The amenities of New York City, Boston and Montreal are also within a 2 - 3 hour drive. Forbes Magazine lists Albany as one of America s Best Places for Business and Careers in 2018, and U.S. News & World Report ranks Albany as one of its Best Places to Live in the nation for 2018.
Sports and recreation abound in this thriving community that also boasts the region s most desirable suburbs and schools. Emergency Physicians ski for free at Windham Mountain, about 1-hour south of Albany. Several outstanding colleges and universities are located in the Capital District area. The new beautiful Albany International Airport is close by and offers direct connections to all major hubs.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
Envision Physician Services is a dynamic physician- and clinician-led organization that has been offering exceptional career opportunities for more than 60 years. With more than 25,000 affiliated clinicians coast-to-coast, Envision Physician Services is nationally recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported by innovation, integration and exceptional leadership.
Whether you are considering full-time, part-time, per diem, employed or independent contractor (site- and specialty-specific) opportunities with Envision Physician Services, you can rest assured you will be working for an organization that delivers unmatched opportunities and resources, including:
- Strong leadership at local, regional and national levels
- Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services
- Optimal staffing ratios with flexible and equitable scheduling options
- A-rated professional liability insurance
- Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast
- Competitive compensation including several benefit options
- Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement
- Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs
- Clinical and scientific research opportunities
*Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status.
Quality people. Quality care. Quality of LIFE.(TM) Envision Physician Services is a national physician-led practice management company. This privately held company provides outsourced clinical department recruitment, staffing, management and billing/collection services for hundreds of hospitals and health systems nationwide.
Known for its unique structure, Envision Physician Services develops local practices, supports them with regionally-located clinical leadership and operational personnel and provides them access to unprecedented national resources. Each Envision Physician Services practice has its own unique culture, but all sites recruit and hire clinicians who share the company's core values of being patient-focused, customer-centered and caregiver-inspired.
Envision Physician Services is a family of companies, each of which has clinical staffing needs. Full-time, part-time, and independent contractor opportunities are available through Envision Physician Services.
Candidates considering a career within the Envision Physician Services family of companies will find a variety of community types (from small towns to major urban areas), practice settings (small hospitals to major academic health systems), job levels (entry level to senior management), and competitive pay with exceptional benefits. Specialties supported include Emergency Medicine, Hospital Medicine, Women s and Children s, Surgery, Anesthesia and Radiology/Teleradiology.
Envision Physician Services is proud to be an EOE/AA employer.
Apply for Emergency Medicine Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly