Psychiatry Faculty Position
In a pioneering international initiative, Cornell University and Weill Cornell Medical College established Weill Cornell Medicine - Qatar (WCM-Q) in 2001 through a unique partnership with the Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development.
We are seeking a full-time psychiatrist clinician educator who has proficiency in all areas of general Psychiatry. The chosen candidate will be expected to conduct teaching in preclinical and clinical segments of the curriculum and provide clinical care in the areas of psychiatry or psychology in adult and/or child and adolescent populations. Evidence of scholarly productivity in mental health or educational research is desired.
WCM-Q and Weill Cornell Medical College in New York share the same mission: to provide the finest education possible for medical students, conduct research at the cutting edge of knowledge, improve health care, both now and for future generations, and provide the highest quality of care to the community. Full details regarding the WCM-Q program and facilities, including affiliations with ACGME-I accredited clinical sites, can be accessed at http://qatar-weill.cornell.edu.
- MD or its accepted equivalent
- American Board certification in Adult Psychiatry or its accepted equivalent
- Experience in teaching and clinical practice in an academic medical center in North America
- A record of excellence in teaching and scholarship
- A minimum of three years of significant teaching experience in a university or academic health system
- Experience with several learning modalities, including bed side teaching, problem-based learning (PBL), lectures, small group sessions, and journal clubs
- A track record of clinical or educational research would be highly advantageous
- Preference will be given to applicants who provide evidence of their successful involvement in the development and delivery of innovative approaches to teaching and who demonstrate their strong record of excellence in and commitment to teaching
- Applicants with experience in clinical planning, administration, and research are also encouraged to apply.
- Passion for student success
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Adaptive thinking
- Ability to build trust with colleagues and stakeholders
- Appreciation for diversity
- Ability to set and achieve goals
- A comprehensive and highly competitive salary and foreign-service benefits package, including fully furnished housing and other supplementary benefits
- Clinical faculty would receive clinical privileges to conduct clinical work at affiliated hospitals and may have opportunities for research collaborations
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a thoughtful letter of application outlining their interest in the position and how their skills and experience match WCM-Q’s requirements, along with a full curriculum vitae.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The Search Committee will begin reviewing applications immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Cornell University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer.