Chair, Department of Pediatrics
Chair, Department of Pediatrics, NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi & North Central Bronx
The Lewis M. Fraad Department of Pediatrics at NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi & North Central Bronx, seeks a creative and transformative leader with outstanding clinical skills, academic credentials, and executive acumen to assume the position of Chair. Jacobi is the sponsor of an excellent Pediatric Residency Program with 45 residents and a fellowship in Pediatric Emergency Medicine. The Department of Pediatrics has a long history of excellence in education, research and clinical care and is seeking a Chair to lead and expand these Departmental missions. The Department is affiliated with The Albert Einstein College of Medicine (AECOM). The successful application must be Board Certified in Pediatrics; have a track record of accomplished leadership experience in an academic environment and be eligible for appointment at the level of Associate Professor or Professor at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi is a 457-bed teaching hospital. Inpatient Jacobi Hospital consists of a 33-bed general pediatric floor, 8-bed pediatric Intensive Care Unit, newborn nursery, and 28-bed level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. The Jacobi Pediatric ED treat 25,000 patients per year. Jacobi is a Pediatric Trauma Center. The Jacobi Ambulatory Care Pavilion houses the Children's Health Center which provides comprehensive outpatient pediatrics with many subspecialty pediatric practices. Jacobi’s sister facility, NYC Health + Hospitals/North Central Bronx, is a 215 -bed community hospital with a Pediatric Emergency Department, has a large pediatric ambulatory care practice, as well as a newborn nursery.
- The successful candidate will oversee all professional and administrative activities within the Department, including the delivery of high quality, safe and efficient patient centered care.
- Overseeing along with the Residency Director, the Pediatric Residency Program
- Acting as a Senior Medical Liaison with the Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Promoting high quality research initiatives
- Providing strategic direction for the Department while creating clinical and business plans in concert with Health + Hospitals Administration
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance, including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
The Chair of Pediatrics will be an employee of the Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY). PAGNY is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals’ wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
Interested candidates please send an updated CV to Lea Power Carpenter, Talent Acquisition Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org