UPMC Pinnacle is seeking a board certified/board eligible Thoracic Surgeon to join our expanding team. The ideal candidate should have skills and experience in surgery for both malignant and benign thoracic processes, including the full spectrum of pulmonary, esophageal, mediastinal and chest wall disease. In addition, they should have experience in minimally invasive thoracic surgery (VATS) and/or robotic expertise.
- Strong referral base including Pulmonary, Oncology, and Gastroenterology
- Thoracic surgery led lung cancer screening and pulmonary nodule management programs
- Access to state of the art technology such as Da Vinci Xi surgical robot, Ion Robotic and SuperD Navigation Bronchoscopy, Hybrid operating room with cone beam CT, and Endobronchial suite
- Opportunity to teach residents, medical students and advanced practice providers
- Practice located in a new, modern and aesthetically pleasing suite
- System-wide EPIC EMR
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Thoracic Surgery
- Able to provide surgical case log indicating active current experience
- Team oriented with ability to work and interact with residents, fellow physicians and administration, as well as provide high-quality, compassionate care to patients
- Highly competitive salary with incentive bonus plus a rich benefits package including malpractice coverage and retirement plan. A relocation allowance is also provided.
About UPMC Pinnacle
UPMC Pinnacle is a nationally recognized leader in providing high quality, patient-centered health care services in central Pennsylvania and surrounding rural communities. The not-for-profit system cares for more than 1.2 million area residents yearly, providing life-saving emergency care, essential primary care and leading-edge diagnostic services. The UPMC Pinnacle health system includes seven acute care hospitals with 1,161 licensed beds, over 160 outpatient clinics and ancillary facilities, more than 2,900 physicians and allied health professionals, and approximately 11,000 employees. It is a health care hub serving Dauphin, Cumberland, Perry, York, Lancaster, Lebanon, Juniata, Franklin, Adams, and parts of Snyder counties.
About Our Community
South central Pennsylvania offers endless possibilities: city excitement, rural respite, and suburban family life and community can all be found here. Enjoy excellent work-life balance with easy commutes to work. In addition to fabulous dining, we offer an abundance of sports, arts, cultural events, and entertainment. We are close to historically significant areas such as Gettysburg and world-famous Hershey Park and Hershey’s Chocolate World.
The area offers top-rated public schools, blue-ribbon private schools, and some of Pennsylvania’s top colleges and universities. Area school districts are consistently ranked in the top 20% of Pennsylvania. With affordable homes—a composite cost of living index of 99.7, compared to 126.5 in Philadelphia—it’s a great place to grow a career and family.
Listed among Forbes.com “America’s Most Livable Cities,” and ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Cities to Live,” we are a two to three hour drive from New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
Apply for Thoracic Surgeon
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly