The Division of Nephrology at the University of Arizona is recruiting a Clinical Transplant Nephrologist at the Assistant, Associate or full Professor level. The selected candidate will be part of a growing team of committed academic physicians serving the expanding population of Southern Arizona. Will attend on inpatient transplant nephrology consult services and cover outpatient pre/post renal transplant clinics as well as living donor evaluation. In addition, there will be opportunities to participate in rapid expansion of our transplant program affiliated with Banner University Medical Center-Tucson. There is also ample opportunity for academic growth, development and mentorship. The candidate selected will receive a non-tenured faculty appointment to the University of Arizona commensurate with their credentials. Competitive packages will be available for the appropriate candidate.
Requirements and Essential Functions
- Board Certified/Board Eligible Nephrology
- Successful completion of an AST Accredited Transplant Nephrology Fellowship
- Training/experience with Renal Biopsy, Hemodialysis, Peritoneal Dialysis, Dialysis Catheters, Transplant
- Desire and ability to participate in clinical research, teaching, publications
Work Schedule / Call
- 3-4 renal transplant clinics per week
- Inpatient census: 10-15 patients
- Outpatient Clinic: 12 -15 patients
- Weekend/night call: 1:4
Banner Health and University of Arizona Health Network have come together to form Banner – University Medicine, a health system anchored in Phoenix and Tucson that makes the highest level of care accessible to Arizona residents. At the heart of this partnership is academic medicine – research, teaching and patient care – across three academic medical centers.
- University town with small town feel and large town culture and entertainment
- Warm sunny climate year round
- Moderate cost of living
- Outdoor Adventures: golfing, hiking, biking, horseback riding, swimming and nearby skiing
- Heritage and culture: galleries, old presidio, museums, missions
- Culinary: great selection of cuisine with vibrant, newly renovated downtown
We offer a generous salary and benefits. Please submit your letter of interest and CV for immediate consideration
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.
Facility & Location InformationBanner University Medical Center - Tucson
1625 N. Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ 85719 Physician-Nephrology
Apply for Physician-Nephrology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly