Miami OBGYN Generalist Division Chief Opportunity
The Generalist Division of the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine (UMMSOM) is experiencing a period of expansion and is seeking exceptional candidates to join the faculty.
Primary clinical responsibilities of the Generalist Division Chief include participation in inpatient and outpatient obstetrical and gynecological clinical practice at the UMMSOM and Jackson Health System sites. It is anticipated that your on-call will be approximately 3-4 calls per month, depending on the needs of the Generalist Division. This distribution of effort may change based on your interests, department needs, and your success in obtaining extramural grant funding.
Primary administrative responsibilities of the Generalist Division Chief:
- Oversee the obstetric and gynecologic inpatient experiences, including Labor and Birth
- Oversee Generalist Division outpatient activities.
- Mentor the Generalist Division faculty.
- Oversee the clinical, research, and teaching activities of Generalist Division faculty.
- Develop protocols and implement patient safety initiatives to improve clinical outcomes.
- Monitor quality and appropriateness of medical care, as well as performance metrics.
- Develop Divisional policies and procedures.
- Develop Divisional research and protocols.
- Participate in clinical peer review, documentation, and care planning.
- Ensure that the interface between Division, the Department and other departments are managed optimally.
- Ensure effective team communication and promote a positive culture in the Department.
- 10 years of experience as an academic OBGYN Generalist encompassing entire spectrum of clinical practice, education - clinical instruction/teaching, and research.
- 5 years of progressive supervisory experience consisting of oversight of other providers, program development and administration, fiscal oversight and management, development of peer or junior faculty research endeavors, and/or other leadership development and growth accomplishments.
If living and practicing in the sunshine, in one of the most exciting cities in the world excites you, please email at Gleason.Daniel@kornferry.com or call me directly at (972) 525-4886. Due to the high volume of interested candidates, please call along with emailing your updated CV.
Apply for OBGYN Generalist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly