Chief, Emergency Medicine
The Robert J. Dole VA Medical Center in Wichita, Kansas is seeking a Chief, Emergency Medicine! A sign on bonus, relocation incentive or moving expenses are authorized!
Join a modern and well equipped Emergency Department reporting to the medical center Chief of Staff. In this role, you will direct an ED with 12.5 full time equivalent staff (7 physicins, 3 mid levels) working Monday-Friday 8-4:30 with some coverage of 12 hours shifts possible. You'll participare in medical center committees and peer review. Our average patient visits per year is 10K. Research opportunities are available.
Our ideal candidate is board certified EM with EM training from an ABEM/ABOEM accredited residency program. Leadership experience is a plus (5 years recent in an ED setting or previous leadership is preferred).
Things you may not know about VA:
- VA often offers more time with patients and less time on administrative tasks
- Our student loan repayment program pays up to 200K over a 5 year period if approved
- We are known for our exceptional benefits to include matching retirement contributions
- At VA you must only maintain 1 active, full, unrestricted license in any US state
- We cover malpractice and tail coverage at no cost to you
- VA does not require you to sign contracts and there are no restrictions on moonlighting
Contact me to discuss or refer a physician today!
Apply for Chief, Emergency Medicine
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly