Work, Lead, Learn and Grow with Bassett Healthcare Rheumatology
Bassett Healthcare Network, a rural academic health system in central New York and major teaching affiliate of Columbia University, is seeking a BC/BE Rheumatologist with a strong clinical background to join our progressive multidisciplinary team of three physicians. Patients are seen primarily at Bassett Medical Clinic in Cooperstown, but travel once a week to a regional health center is required. The practice involves inpatient (limited to Bassett Medical Center in Cooperstown) and outpatient consultation, a full spectrum of Rheumatology procedures as well as clinical research opportunities.
Pertinent Highlights Include:
- Multi-Specialty Group, Closed Medical Staff, 500+ practitioners
- Integrated EPIC Electronic Health Record
- Medical and Rural Surgery residency programs
- Medical school campus for Columbia University, with academic appointment available
- Comprehensive benefit package, including but not limited to medical, dental, CME, transition stipend and paid malpractice insurance
- Forbes’ 2018 America's Best Mid-Size Employers
Bassett Healthcare Network is an integrated health care system that provides care and services to people living in an eight county region covering 5,600 square miles in Central New York. The organization includes six corporately affiliated hospitals, as well as skilled nursing facilities, community and school-based health centers, and health partners in related fields.
Enjoy an outstanding quality of life in this lakeside resort town located south of the Adirondack Mountains and north of the Catskills. The combination of a modern practice within a growing academic and research oriented healthcare system, coupled with excellent schools and multiple outdoor recreational, cultural and artistic activities, makes this a unique opportunity. In addition, Cooperstown provides easy access for a weekend trip to major northeast metros.